chicken4prez's chat thread! Chicken lovers welcome!!

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by chicken4prez, Mar 9, 2016.

1. No

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Yes

28 vote(s)
    90.3%
  1. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Overrun With Chickens

I am so, so, so, so very sorry. [​IMG] She's with Jesus and Leia now, and VERY happy. You'll see her again soon!
    Now that's even stranger! They came from a breeder who works toward the Standard, and he's one of the most prominent judges of poultry in our state. [​IMG]All my bantams are supposedly exhibition quality. Oh well. [​IMG]

~Alex

2. Alexandra33

Wow, I'll try looking for your article, too!

~Alex

3. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer

Oh ok, that explains it. They are bantams. Bantams aren't don't have the quality genes in them like the standard version does, and that goes for all bantam breeds that are related to standard breeds. For bantams yes I would say they are very well bred. Sorry about all that confusion. :rolleyes:

Ok I figured it out! I talked to sumi and she said they put it in their BYC newsletter that got emailed! That's why we couldn't find it! I haven't gotten my letter in my email yet, have you guys? I'm still shocked that it got put in the newsletter! I'm super excited that it did, I
    But I had no idea that it ever would! :lau

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  4. Alexandra33

It's fine! You obviously know a lot more about them than I do. Very impressive! [​IMG]

I'll have to check my email, but somehow I don't think I got anything. I basically get nothing BYC-related any more for unknown reasons.

By the way, your article is wonderful! Want to know something funny? My mom and I kiss the babies and grown girls all the time! It's not even uncommon for them to bite our teeth if we're close enough. Every source of information on raising poultry clearly states all the things that you should never do, and when we went over one, it became evident that we've been doing everything the opposite. We must be the oddest people on the planet with good immune systems. [​IMG]

~Alex

5. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    It was in the email I received :)

6. CherriesBrood

Well I didn't think it was good enough to be in the newsletter. And thanks.
    Haha. Yes some people can get away with it and some can't. I have never kissed a baby chick in my life because I have a very weak immune system and I have chronic fatigue, when I was younger I used to get sick at least twice a month so I couldn't afford to be kissing babies, well there was one time I did it, and then I realized afterwards, whoops. :p

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  7. CherriesBrood

I know I just saw it! I can't believe it! Last place I'd expect it to be. lol

8. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    Lucky :D

9. dstanley66

dstanley66 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2016
    Lowgap NC
    Yep be better than what we have right now

10. Alexandra33

You'd better believe it is! [​IMG] Congratulations!

I agree, those with compromised immune systems should definitely not kiss chicks.

~Alex

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by