chicken4prez's chat thread! Chicken lovers welcome!!

Fun thread?

• No

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters
Pics
My hen died

Her name was Megan. I have her "Life" in my signature. She was 6 years old
hit.gif

I am so, so, so, so very sorry.
hugs.gif
She's with Jesus and Leia now, and VERY happy. You'll see her again soon!
Aww, i'm sorry. They are really pretty. Judging that they don't have any dark pinkish feather's on their heads it looks like they weren't bred that well. When they get older they will probably get more pinkish feathers around their whole body and white feathers on their beards, chests, and legs.
Now that's even stranger! They came from a breeder who works toward the Standard, and he's one of the most prominent judges of poultry in our state.
idunno.gif
All my bantams are supposedly exhibition quality. Oh well.
smile.png

~Alex

Now that's even stranger! They came from a breeder who works toward the Standard, and he's one of the most prominent judges of poultry in our state. :idunno All my bantams are supposedly exhibition quality. Oh well. :)

~Alex

Oh ok, that explains it. They are bantams. Bantams aren't don't have the quality genes in them like the standard version does, and that goes for all bantam breeds that are related to standard breeds. For bantams yes I would say they are very well bred. Sorry about all that confusion. :rolleyes:

Wow, I'll try looking for your article, too!

~Alex

Ok I figured it out! I talked to sumi and she said they put it in their BYC newsletter that got emailed! That's why we couldn't find it! I haven't gotten my letter in my email yet, have you guys? I'm still shocked that it got put in the newsletter! I'm super excited that it did, I
But I had no idea that it ever would! :lau

Last edited:
Oh ok, that explains it. They are bantams. Bantams aren't don't have the quality genes in them like the standard version does, and that goes for all bantam breeds that are related to standard breeds. For bantams yes I would say they are very well bred. Sorry about all that confusion.
roll.png

Ok I figured it out! I talked to sumi and she said they put it in their BYC newsletter that got emailed! That's why we couldn't find it! I haven't gotten my letter in my email yet, have you guys? I'm still shocked that it got put in the newsletter! I'm super excited that it did, I
But I had no idea that it ever would!
lau.gif
It's fine! You obviously know a lot more about them than I do. Very impressive!
thumbsup.gif

I'll have to check my email, but somehow I don't think I got anything. I basically get nothing BYC-related any more for unknown reasons.

By the way, your article is wonderful! Want to know something funny? My mom and I kiss the babies and grown girls all the time! It's not even uncommon for them to bite our teeth if we're close enough. Every source of information on raising poultry clearly states all the things that you should never do, and when we went over one, it became evident that we've been doing everything the opposite. We must be the oddest people on the planet with good immune systems.
tongue.png

~Alex

Oh ok, that explains it. They are bantams. Bantams aren't don't have the quality genes in them like the standard version does, and that goes for all bantam breeds that are related to standard breeds. For bantams yes I would say they are very well bred. Sorry about all that confusion. :rolleyes:

But I had no idea that it ever would! :lau

It's fine! You obviously know a lot more about them than I do. Very impressive! :thumbsup

I'll have to check my email, but somehow I don't think I got anything. I basically get nothing BYC-related any more for unknown reasons.

By the way, your article is wonderful! Want to know something funny? My mom and I kiss the babies and grown girls all the time! It's not even uncommon for them to bite our teeth if we're close enough. Every source of information on raising poultry clearly states all the things that you should never do, and when we went over one, it became evident that we've been doing everything the opposite. We must be the oddest people on the planet with good immune systems. :p

~Alex

Well I didn't think it was good enough to be in the newsletter. And thanks.
Haha. Yes some people can get away with it and some can't. I have never kissed a baby chick in my life because I have a very weak immune system and I have chronic fatigue, when I was younger I used to get sick at least twice a month so I couldn't afford to be kissing babies, well there was one time I did it, and then I realized afterwards, whoops. :p

Last edited:
Well I didn't think it was good enough to be in the newsletter. And thanks.
Haha. Yes some people can get away with it and some can't. I have never kissed a baby chick in my life because I have a very weak immune system and I have chronic fatigue, when I was younger I used to get sick at least twice a month so I couldn't afford to be kissing babies, well there was one time I did it, and then I realized afterwards, whoops.
tongue.png

You'd better believe it is!
smile.png
Congratulations!

I agree, those with compromised immune systems should definitely not kiss chicks.

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom