~ChickenBook~ (A "Facebook" type chat thread for your chickens!)

Christina Rossetti ( 5/8/16)
@lilapot

Whew! Today's sure has been a adventure. I escaped from the front yard and was peacefully walking on the street when a stray dog snapped me up in to his jaws. He carried me a block away but I was rescued by my neighbors. The neighbor grabbed me out of his mouth and pushed the dog away. He thought I belonged to a different house,then luckily realized where I actually belonged. Don't worry, I'm completely okay.

Christina Rossetti ( 5/8/16)
@lilapot

Whew! Today's sure has been a adventure. I escaped from the front yard and was peacefully walking on the street when a stray dog snapped me up in to his jaws. He carried me a block away but I was rescued by my neighbors. The neighbor grabbed me out of his mouth and pushed the dog away. He thought I belonged to a different house,then luckily realized where I actually belonged. Don't worry, I'm completely okay.

Cider(5/8/16)
@lilapot

Why won't you ever listen to me when I tell you not to go outside.....the gate.
th.gif

Name of bird: Skylar
Age of bird:about 3 months.
smile.png

Breed AND Gender of bird: OEGB X Silkie, pullet
Your username: BunnynChicks
A little bit about the bird: Skylar came to live here about a month ago with her younger brother and another chick who sadly passed away last Sat. She is really sweet and will gladly climb all over me and usually ends up pooing on me.
hmm.png

Last edited:

Name of bird:Minnie
Age of bird:about 2 months

Breed AND Gender of bird: OEGB X Silkie, roo?
Your username: BunnynChicks
A little bit about the bird: He came here about a month ago with his older sis Skylar. He was raised by a broody hen for about a month before I got him so he is somewhat people shy. He is braver then his sis and is always the first to find something new like the the way into the coop or the big chickens water bowl.
smile.png

Name:blackie
Breed:BA
A bit about her:well,wen kyndra ordered me,I was supposed to be a BG,but,nope.i was the seconded one to escape the brooder(brownie was first)I'm in the middle of the pecking order,my best friend,is wisteria a BG,I call her my sister,but she's not.

Blackie(8/6/16)
@cluckcluck1215

Update:we're out in the woods,are owner kyndra,let us out of are pen!yeah! Wisterias mad at me,cause I said she was loud,and she is!it sunny and cloudy,a bit chilly cause of the wind,but over all it's nice!are owner said the chicks are coming in 2 days,I don't know how I like that.so,Connie your a silkie?whats you fave.wheaher?dont you feathers on your feet freeze during the winter?ok bye for now,brownie says she found some worms!yum!bye

Brownie(8/6/16)
@cluckcluck1215

Update:wow,there were way to many eggs in the nest,so I layed mine inthe middle of the coop,my owner took it out and took a few pics
Here they are

This is my egg,I know,it's a weird Coler.

And here is all are eggs,kyndra was suppressed,that there were 5 eggs :eek:,my egg is the white/ brown one,by!

Last edited:

Brownie(8/6/16)
@cluckcluck1215

Update:wow,there were way to many eggs in the nest,so I layed mine inthe middle of the coop,my owner took it out and took a few pics
Here they are

This is my egg,I know,it's a weird Coler.

And here is all are eggs,kyndra was suppressed,that there were 5 eggs
ep.gif
,my egg is the white/ brown one,by!

Skylar 6/8/16
@BunnynChicks

Comment: Wow I don't lay eggs yet. That is a strange egg. You are a very pretty chicken by the way. You must have to do a lot of work to keep your feathers soo nice. I have to do a lot of preening and cleaning especially when it is windy. There is nothing like a good wind to ruin a hour of hard work.
sad.png

Sorry if I didn't do this right I am still trying to figure this out.
smile.png

Brownie(8/6/16) @cluckcluck1215 Comment:thanks,my feathers aren't that pretty now:(there broken and ruffled,and I have a small bald patch by my tail:(
Skylar 6/8/16 @BunnynChicks Comment: Wow I don't lay eggs yet. That is a strange egg. You are a very pretty chicken by the way. You must have to do a lot of work to keep your feathers soo nice. I have to do a lot of preening and cleaning especially when it is windy. There is nothing like a good wind to ruin a hour of hard work.:( Sorry if I didn't do this right I am still trying to figure this out.:)

Brownie(8/6/16)
@cluckcluck1215
Comment:thanks,my feathers aren't that pretty now:(there broken and ruffled,and I have a small bald patch by my tail:(

Skylar 6/8/16
@BunnynChicks

Comment: Aww that is too bad about your feathers.
sad.png
One of the big (big as in I am a bantam) chickens in my "Mom's" flock is loosing some feathers too. I hope your feathers grow back in soon.
smile.png

Skylar

Back
Top Bottom