Chickens acting strange

dima guy

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2015
Hello
My chicken are acting scared and stay at coop most of the time ...picking each other
They use to run to me when i open my kitchen door eat while i am observing ...for two days i have to walk inside thier coop for them to get out and as soon as i leave they go back to their coop..is it a sign. Of sickness or they scared of something or changing weather...i am worry about them please help

Hi there - something has got them scared...do you have aerial predators around? I always know when there's a hawk nearby - they all disappear into the barn! Check your perimeters - snakes under the coop?, weasels, foxes? neighborhood cat/dog?
Once you have checked for problems, it's going to take some coaxing to get them back out..mealworms/treats about a foot from the doorway, extend the space daily until they are comfortably outside, good luck!
smile.png

Thanks dear to reply...the coop is secure and my farm has a high wall...i think my husband scared them when he pass by the run with a big plastic cover that made noise ...this morning i called my daughter who has big experience in chicken she cheked them good and told me they will be fine ...no sickness they scared

I have had hawks harass my flock for the past 2 weeks or so and they are at their wits-end! Any tiny little cause of concern and they act like its the end of the world - frustrating, but nothing a catapult won't fix regarding the hawk (beautiful birds, but just wish they'd find lunch elsewhere!)

CT

This morning my lady finally lay a nice egg after three days stopping ..they are fine eating and playing even with a big thunder storm and heavy rain....they look so funny under the rain

Back
Top Bottom