Chickens and taxes

muddstopper

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 23, 2008
Murphy NC
I was just informed of a new law that just went into effect concerning the sale of Chickens, goats, and farm animals in general. It seems that as of Jan 1, if you sell any livestock through a sale barn, auction, or a swap meet, you will recieve a 1099 tax form for the full sale price of the animal(s), Ths would mean having to file the sale price as income and paying income tax on the sale amount. This doesnt allow you anything as far as the cost of aquireing, careing, or feeding the animals, or even the cost of transporting or sale fee's associated with the sale of the animal. Something is just plain wrong with this picture. I guess this is just more of the change we where promised in Washington. I would rather keep my change in my pocket instead of giving it to the incompetent crowd in Washington.

Sorry for my rant, I just had to vent a little.

Well muddstopper..... It's not just Washington... Paypal will be issuing me a 1099 for the full price of eggs which we sold in 2011, with no accounting for our expenses, food, water, shelter, electricity, incubators, paypal feeds, etc....................rrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Doesn't seem right but it is what it is......... Presents a lot of issues doesn't it..... A lot of small businesses are going to tank this year...... It makes no sense from a perspective of profit and expenses..... Sorry to say it's nationwide...........

Quote:
I read where there is some group wanting to tax cows for passing gas, and PETA is wanting to put a tax on meat because it will supposely stop people from eating it. What we need is to pass a law preventing lobbist from stepping foot inside Washington. All these laws and taxes do is slow down the economic recovery,(which I havent even started to see happen), and also run the small business person out of business.

Quote:
I read where there is some group wanting to tax cows for passing gas, and PETA is wanting to put a tax on meat because it will supposely stop people from eating it. What we need is to pass a law preventing lobbist from stepping foot inside Washington. All these laws and taxes do is slow down the economic recovery,(which I havent even started to see happen), and also run the small business person out of business.

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing until I'm crying and I really need it...... How are those cows going to pay for their gas????? I'm sorry...... I just have to say. I've eating too much chocolate this afternoon!!!!........
lol.png
lau.gif

Quote:

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing until I'm crying and I really need it...... How are those cows going to pay for their gas????? I'm sorry...... I just have to say. I've eating too much chocolate this afternoon!!!!........
lol.png
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom