Chickens are amazing

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
me too!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got it, too!
big_smile.png

DH (who hasn't got it) always asks me, "How come it takes you so long to gather eggs?" Well, that's an easy one, because I have to clean and fill the waterer, top off the scratch and layer feed, and then just hang out with the girls, and listen to them talk!

I can't explain to non-chicken people how much fun it is to walk around the coop, followed by at least a dozen of my girls marching along behind me, chatting away.

I'm still amazed by how personable and talkative my ex-battery hens are--their experiences with humans before they came to stay with me were NOT good--they had their beaks cut, they were carried upside down by their legs, and I'm pretty sure that no one ever talked to them or brought them treats. (So far they have loved everything I've given them with the exception of green beans and red bell peppers.) Yet they are the first ones to be toddling about after me, and half of them will even let me pet them. The birds I have that were coop raised by people like us are much more standoffish--go figure?

Therese

Nobody was able to warn me that chickens would be so much FUN!!!
big_smile.png

Maybe I have it too... What do you think?

Even after having to put one down this morning, I still love my chooks!!!

Back
Top Bottom