Chickens are amazing

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenlover54, Oct 25, 2009.

1. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    The title said it all. Who agrees?

2. Cyberous

Cyberous Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree!

I was telling a friend about the unique personalities of all my chickens. He said he didn't realize and now feels bad when he eats them [​IMG]

Don

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Absolutely-mine are my stress relief and my therapy(along with my dogs). [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Nothing better than sitting in the backyard watching Chicken TV...

[​IMG]

5. AilsVonHelson

AilsVonHelson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    Orlando, FL.
    Yes, especially when they love watching you back! I enjoy looking out a window and find the chooks people-watching. [​IMG]

6. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Exactly!!!! Honestly my friends think i'm insane when I start goin on about my chickens........ its actually funny.

7. Pennyhen

Pennyhen Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2009
    Kuna
    I do I do!
    [​IMG]
    I found a restaurant this week that would love to buy free range eggs for a fair price! and 2 days later some of the girls started laying beautifully speckled eggs! I have found, since yesterday in my 8 to 12 eggs a day one lavender egg with purple speckles, 2 green eggs with white speckles, 3 pink/brown eggs with purple speckles, 3 brown eggs with purple speckles and 3 brown eggs with white speckles. I will post pics soon!
    I have tried to find if this could denote a problem with my hens, but, I havent found anything that says it could be. they all seem happy and healthy, I am trying not to get paranoid about it.

Laurie<<<<<<loves her chickens [​IMG]

8. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] Agree 100%!

9. henryetta

henryetta Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    san diego, cali
    yes they are [​IMG]:D And it's so nice to have a place to come where otheres share in this.. They do so much for us, bless their little souls [​IMG]

10. Terri

Terri Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    here is my dbf with one of the chickens he didn't want.
    [​IMG]
    here is going to build her a special coop next to the deck because she doesn't like hanging with the rest of the flock, she prefers people and dogs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by