Chickens are asleep. What are you doing?

Fun thread

I'm sitting here bored, looking through BYC, wondering how to soothe my sore neck, and "watching" a nature documentary.

I'm trying to sleep and failing. Upset about a few things but the one chicken related is really bothering me. Been helping my mother get a new flock going. Helping her pick out breeds, make sure the chicks are healthy and have proper food and housing.
Her and Dad were supposed to have built a coop by now but the chicks are 5 weeks and still no coop. I suggested she could temporarily use the empty dog kennel she has so she can get the dust monsters out of the house during the day. Told her it wasn't secure enough to leave them in overnight and if she wanted to do that then she needed to buy some HC and attach to the bottom 3 feet at least...
She didn't listen.
She left the chicks out all night and I got a phone call this morning about how something killed 3 of them last night and she had no idea how it got in there... to say I was upset is putting it mildy.
2 of the 3 were the ones she let me get for myself and so were my favorites and the other was 1 of the 2 dark brown egg layers that Dad really wanted.
Technically they're all hers but the fact she refused to listen and now the chicks I helped her get and helped to take care of are dead just made me really upset.
People ask for help and advice yet when you give it they decide they know better and so ignore it.

I'm trying to sleep and failing. Upset about a few things but the one chicken related is really bothering me. Been helping my mother get a new flock going. Helping her pick out breeds, make sure the chicks are healthy and have proper food and housing.
Her and Dad were supposed to have built a coop by now but the chicks are 5 weeks and still no coop. I suggested she could temporarily use the empty dog kennel she has so she can get the dust monsters out of the house during the day. Told her it wasn't secure enough to leave them in overnight and if she wanted to do that then she needed to buy some HC and attach to the bottom 3 feet at least...
She didn't listen.
She left the chicks out all night and I got a phone call this morning about how something killed 3 of them last night and she had no idea how it got in there... to say I was upset is putting it mildy.
2 of the 3 were the ones she let me get for myself and so were my favorites and the other was 1 of the 2 dark brown egg layers that Dad really wanted.
Technically they're all hers but the fact she refused to listen and now the chicks I helped her get and helped to take care of are dead just made me really upset.
People ask for help and advice yet when you give it they decide they know better and so ignore it.
I'm sorry to hear that. :hugs

I'm sorry to hear that. :hugs
Thanks. I probably shouldn't be this emotional but at 7.5 months pregnant and already extremely upset about other things it's hitting hard. I even told her if she wasn't going to listen to what I had to say then I wasn't helping anymore and didn't want to hear it when the rest get killed. I'm usually not so harsh but I just couldn't deal today.

Back
Top Bottom