chickens arent supposed to eat peas?

ladeefire

Songster
10 Years
Mar 30, 2009
NH
I just read online that peas and beans can kill your chickens if they are raw. My chickens got into my garden today and COMPLETELY killed and ate all my peapods and the plants. Do i need to be worried?

For Goodness Sakes!
Proves once again if you look long enough you can read anything on the internet.

Quote:
lol ok so I will take that as "no don't be worried" and i can go back to being angry that they ate all my peas

I am one of those people who believe that chicken won't eat anything that is going to hurt them. Heck they eat styrofoam insulation and survive with noooo problem. One of mine even stuck her stupid head into a bucket of laytex paint wiped off her beak and kept going.

Think about it. Dried peas/beans swell up when they get into water, right? what happens in your chicken's stomuchs? They swell up there too. Fresh off the bush and you just get to be mad at them, but they will be happy to have gotten to the peas, so no worries
big_smile.png

Quote:
"Bluey" is still wearing some of the paint she got into what? Eight months ago. I got it all off her beak and wattles though. Don't know what I'm gonna do when the rest wears off her feathers. It was the only way I could tell her apart from her twin sister.
hmm.png

MY birds`got into my garden and had a field day with the peas and lettuce. They scratched a lot of stuff up.
sad.png
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom