Chickens being stolen

Wow, typical. No one seems to have any respect for anothers land, pets or what ever! If your like me, they would be welcome anytime to sit and play with the chicks. Its so terrible, glad you filed a report as this will teach them the importance of live stock/poultry. I have heard of people letting cows out of the barns before, because they hated to see them standing around...after one was hit by a car and was put down.
Giving them their own poultry is not a good idea, god only knows what they would die from! Why reward them when they could have had a lot of opportunities by being kind and NOT stealing their neighbors property.

I am a police officer in Tennessee. I have seen both sides of the fence concerning the things children do and they way they have been raised.

The cold hard truth is that raising really only matters until the child is able to make decisions on their own. Of the countless houses ive been to regarding juveniles, the majority knew they made a wrong decision but made it anyway.

That being said: I just had my black star chicks delivered today...if any got stolen id probably tie the little terd heads up in my garage and beat the parents with an iron rod.
cool.png

I drive a school bus.... I hate to hear the parents tell me their little angel would never tear up my seats, they don't do that at home... Then I pop the tape in (yes I do have a video on my bus and I tell the kids and parents of the younger one so they know!!!!) And would you believe I have had parents still deny it their child!!!

We have always told the kids (and granted this doesn't always work
tongue.png
) that the only thing worse than making a bad choice or doing something you shouldn't do, is denying that you did it and swearing to us that it wasn't you... because then WE look like fools when we go to defend you... and we HATE looking like fools! Just own up to your choices. Much better to tell the truth and deal with the consequences than lie and deal with us after being made to look like fools!
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
That is what I told my daughter as well...she needs to know that I'm her mom and I'm always on her side. Always. I will do anything I can to help her but that isn't possible if she lies about things.

She has told me things over the years that I would have NEVER told my mom, so I think that little speech worked. And she will be 18 this summer and has never once been in trouble. YAY for me! (Pat on the back).
tongue.png

I had a neighbor boy steal one of my New Zealand white rabbits once. I found the gate and pens locked but a rabbit was gone. Walking toward their house through the woods I found the rabbit dead. He apparently realized he had no way to explain the rabbit when he got it home and so killed it. Never could prove it though.

Back
Top Bottom