Chickens being stolen

cajunlizz

Songster
11 Years
Apr 27, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana
WELL , I experienced neighborhood boys that seem to be in love with my chickens . They opened the gate to my back yard and this is what I found .

I had 6 - 9 week old chicks stolen right out their cages . I had 2 witnesses that seen the boys in the yard , and offered to bring me to their home to try and recover them . I managed to recover 3 out of 6 .

I filed a police report and filed charges . Officer went to their home and arrested the oldest boy .

I was SO UPSET , I knew I could at least VENT in here .
D.gif

Last edited:
hugs.gif
So sorry you had to go through this!
hugs.gif

This is the very reason we have locks on every door for our coops and runs!

Hope you're able to get them all back!

Dawn

Oh, brother.....
I'd like to know how their parents reacted to all this.
sad.png

If you can dig up the good will
smile.png
, you may want to offer to help the boys build a coop/run and purchase their own chicks. This would keep them busy, smooth out relations in the neighborhood (you don't want any more trouble) and have some kids who will enjoy chickens.

I'm glad that some of the neighbors were willing to help you... and sorry that you only were able to retrieve three of the chicks.
Did the boys say what happened to the other three?
This must be so frustrating for you. I think I'd want to hit someone if I were in the same boat.

Carla

Oh my! That is terrible.
hmm.png
Now it doesn't seem so crazy that my DH insisted on putting a lock on my coop. I thought he was over doing it, but now that I've read you story I am thankful he put the lock on my coop. I am soooo sorry that you had to deal with this.
hugs.gif
I'm curious as to what the parents said to you. Did they not wonder where these boys got the chickens from???
he.gif

Quote:
Now that is a fantastic idea. Drop the charges and give them a few chickens.
This is assuming they stole them because they wanted them, not for a sick reason.

You will truly teach the kids a lesson on many levels.

Back
Top Bottom