Chickens being stolen

Quote:
Don't you just love those kind of parents who live in denial?!?! It sounds to me like the parents needed to be arrested. I actually have heard of this happening when a minor is involved and can't be arrested. They just arrest the parents instead. You want to talk about a lesson being learned!!! That would probably do it! My kids would freak completely out! Although, my kids are watched 24/7 and would never have the opportunity to do something like this. If they did, here's two words for their consequences... DEAD MEAT! It would not be a pretty picture in my household.

I'm just amazed at how sneaky they were about it. They were watching you and you didn't know it. Kind of scarey, isn't it??? They were waiting for you to leave those chicks unattended and make their move. I think it would be a good investment on your part to get a motion activated sprinkler. When any unwanted "thing" enters your yard, they will get sprayed. More than likely they would scream upon getting sprayed and guess what?!?! Gigs up! Hopefully they won't be back, for your sake.
smile.png

When I was a kid, my friends and I used to steal rabbits out of a preacher's cages that were in back of a church. We'd play with them for one or two days in our makeshift clubhouse, then take them back and get some different ones. We never did keep any of them. I've often wondered what the preacher thought when he walked out, saw some new ones missing and the others back.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! Perhaps you can install locks on gates and cages, etc.

I'm very paranoid about locks - not only to keep out human predators but also to exclude crafty raccoons who could work the latches in no time!

Parents sound like they hoped the boys would get away with it.

Quote:
She HAS locks on her coop. This happened in a very small time frame. She was cleaning the coop and went inside for a few minutes. When she came back outside, the chicks were gone.
hmm.png

Last edited:
I HATE PARENTS LIKE THAT, our neighbor just got divorced and they're selling their house, I went out to buy chicken supplies for the move, and came back to find that their downspout had been spraypainted, one of the windows was OPEN and the screen broken, and their BACK DOOR WAS OPEN, some kids from the street over had broken into the house, THE SAME KIDS I HAD TOLD A WEEK EARLIER THAT IF I SAW THEM SNEAKING AROUND THEIR BACKYARD AGAIN, THE POLICE WOULD BE INVOLVED. So, we called the police, the police dusted for fingerprints, found out it was them, NOTHING HAPPENED. ONLY ONE OF THE 5 KIDS INVOLVED WAS ARRESTED AND CHARGED, AND ONLY BECAUSE HE WAS OVER 13.

Quote:
She HAS locks on her coop. This happened in a very small time frame. She was cleaning the coop and went inside for a few minutes. When she came back outside, the chicks were gone.
hmm.png

I think some heavy duty locks on her yard gates, are in due order
smile.png

Quote:
I have all my cages with locks ... BUT I had went out back to feed and water them , and came back in house for only b a few minutes and went back and found the evidence .

I told my husband these parents should be in a heap of trouble for having 5 kids LEFT unattended to while they work , GOOD thing I am not a COP . HUBBY said I am worse than a COP , I am a victim , and we will have our day in court . I did tell that cop that if I found them in my yard again , WHEN he gets the CALL , he will come here and think he is dealing with GRANNY CLAMPPET with her shotgun loaded LOL.... hubby said there is nothing worse than a MAD CAJUN........
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I have all my cages with locks ... BUT I had went out back to feed and water them , and came back in house for only b a few minutes and went back and found the evidence .

I told my husband these parents should be in a heap of trouble for having 5 kids LEFT unattended to while they work , GOOD thing I am not a COP . HUBBY said I am worse than a COP , I am a victim , and we will have our day in court . I did tell that cop that if I found them in my yard again , WHEN he gets the CALL , he will come here and think he is dealing with GRANNY CLAMPPET with her shotgun loaded LOL.... hubby said there is nothing worse than a MAD CAJUN........
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

I taught school (gifted education and Chinese language) for 40 years before retiring, and I raised a son and a daughter of my own. One thing I vowed that I would NEVER say was, "My child would never do that." I heard myselft saying it one time to a fireman, and sure enough my six-year-old daughter and her little friend had been smoking on the third floor and set the house on fire. They were really good kids/students, but they were "children", and I know that they did things that I do not know about (lucky for them); that's why they're called "children" and not "adults". ANY of them are capable of anything under the right circumstances.

One thing else that I would NEVER do is make the neighborhood children think that I was a "MEAN" person. I would NEVER want to be on their conversation list or have them mad at or dislike me; they don't see situations and adults the way adults do; that's why they're called "children".

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom