Chickens being stolen

Quote:
Well , if nothing else , oldest was arrested and having to go to court just might make an impack on his friends.

YEP! And nothing could make an impact on the "not my child" parents than the threat of a lawsuit for any sort of damages, real and imagined.

I know kids will be kids, but if one of my boys showed up with chickens I'd be finding out the who, what, where, etc of it. I have made the boys give things back that they have come home from school with because some kid gave it to them (things that I know the parents would not want given away).

Sounds like these kids have not been taught even the basics - the 10 commandments would be a good place to start.

Hmm as a parent of a 7 year old boy-they do things. They might not think about it at first but he'd better once hes found out. And for the parents im surprised that they didnt try and work something out with you. At least try and make things right. I know the loss of your chicks is disheartening but Im sure if the parents reacted differently that you would have had a change of heart. Im also surprised that they allowed the kids to keep the chicks as if they were theres. Sounds like there is something wrong with the parenst and they just passed it down to the kids. My kid comes home with some new chickens im asking alot of questions. Did they say what had happened to the others?

Quote:
Yes , I could hear the others under their house and nobody could catch them . WELL DH is back from Texas , and he already said , IF HE PASSES by that house and see's ANY OF OUR CHICKS in a cage , HE WILL retrieve OUR BABIES . they are like 8 - 10 weeks old , HARD TO MISS SEEING THEM from a distance .

Last edited:
If you have a local humane society, you might call them, and explain the situation, and perhaps they can help you catch your chickens and get them back. Since you already filed a police report, and one child was arrested, it's on record the chickens are yours. And they have experience catching things in tight places. Also not a bad idea to idirectly make it known that these kids are catching other's animals, for whatever means. I'd like to think it was innocuous, but you can't help but suspect they caught them for the wrong reasons -- torture, etc. And law enforcement and animal cruelty people take that a lot more seriously now.

As a single Mother of 4 I just can't believe what some parents do or say.

My favorite is that kids don't come with a instruction mannel.

Yes they do only one rule

Spare the rod Spoil the child. Comes from the best instruction mannel out there

I would report them to CPS. Let all the neighbors know that if ANYTHING happens in the neighborhood, call CPS on that family. Also, consider motion activated security cameras, keep all the recordings and enter them as evidence in court. Embarass the family in their lies. Also, go to the ROTTEN NEIGHBORS website and post a complaint about them.

Quote:
hoodlum!
gig.gif

I think that any parent that has the "My child would never do that" attitude is a fool and headed for a ton of disappointment.

Both my kids were raised to fear more than the police.....they feared me! They knew their A$$ was mine if they trespassed, stole anything, lied or in any way harmed an animal. They would rather face a grizzly bear than me on those issues. Yup I am a meanie!

I was a working single mother and going to college full-time but I always made sure the kids were being cared for by a responsible adult.
I would not back off the little toe rags that stole my chicks either. I would get a restitution order to replace the three and restraining order to keep the little monsters away from my property or they go back to jail.

Bah humbug!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom