Chickens being stolen

it's the parents fault for letting the kids be like this. Then basically excusing the behavior. While I cant stand kids with no manners etc If you look at the parents. the kids arent falling far from the tree.

I guess I am going to be getting locks for my coop as well. While I dont really mind being the "mean" mom. I dont want anything happening to my birds/property. Until it is legal to shoot the little( and not so little) brats I will have to deter any theft or other criminal acts

They probably were stupid enough to think they could raise them and cockfight them.
roll.png

I've always said that if a person is convicted of a felony, they should be castrated -- done, it's over. We need to weed out the gene pool a little bit.

up this way the "stupid" are doing on their own.
Heck I didnt live anywhere near the train tracks growing up and I sure as hell knew better than to go under the rails when they were down or to sun bathe on the tracks. And the tracks are MORE active now a days.
roll.png

Were the boys stealing them to raise as pets or did they have other intentions? If so, encouraging them to build their own coop IS a GREAT idea!

I am all too familiar with the fact that torturing animals for fun is very commonplace.

I hope you get all the chicks back and they are safe.

Cajunlizz sorry to hear of your loss. I hop ethey burn those boys up they deserve a hard lasson. The bad thing is with you calling the cops you will now be in trouble. they will be back hopefully they wont kill you chickens!!

Quote:
I have all my cages with locks ... BUT I had went out back to feed and water them , and came back in house for only b a few minutes and went back and found the evidence .

I told my husband these parents should be in a heap of trouble for having 5 kids LEFT unattended to while they work , GOOD thing I am not a COP . HUBBY said I am worse than a COP , I am a victim , and we will have our day in court . I did tell that cop that if I found them in my yard again , WHEN he gets the CALL , he will come here and think he is dealing with GRANNY CLAMPPET with her shotgun loaded LOL.... hubby said there is nothing worse than a MAD CAJUN........
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

I taught school (gifted education and Chinese language) for 40 years before retiring, and I raised a son and a daughter of my own. One thing I vowed that I would NEVER say was, "My child would never do that." I heard myselft saying it one time to a fireman, and sure enough my six-year-old daughter and her little friend had been smoking on the third floor and set the house on fire. They were really good kids/students, but they were "children", and I know that they did things that I do not know about (lucky for them); that's why they're called "children" and not "adults". ANY of them are capable of anything under the right circumstances.

One thing else that I would NEVER do is make the neighborhood children think that I was a "MEAN" person. I would NEVER want to be on their conversation list or have them mad at or dislike me; they don't see situations and adults the way adults do; that's why they're called "children".

Well , this was the last straw . Because I had found them on numberous occasions in my yard chasing a LOSE chicken that belongs to GOD KNOWS WHOM.... I spoke to them several times with concern of them perhaps getting injured on my property , ETC. PLEADED with them not to enter the yard again . They seemed to understand my concerns . BUT , children will do whatever they can when their is NO supervison from parents . Going to be a LONG HOT SUMMER .

Last edited:
Quote:
GOOD LUCK! It's really a shame that parents can't kick their kids' rear ends anymore without getting arrested. If I never taught my two kids anything, I taught them the meaning of FEAR. Parents are afraid to take responsibility and punish their kids much because somebody might accuse them of "child abuse" and they'd have to hire a lawyer, etc., so the today's parents feign being child psychologist, NOT. Far too many of society's little darlings aren't afraid of or have NO respect for anybody or anything anymore. Many of their parents expect adults to accept their smart mouthing and treat them as equals since they have to themselves; sorry, they're not, and that's a big burden to put on them because they need and WANT limits. Thank the "social planners" for the situation that has existed since the Viet Nam war, hippies, new age....

BTW, if we think that we have it bad, look closely at the "little emperors" in almost EVERY family in China since the government imposed the one-child policy. I've seen mothers pushing their fat, little sons' on bicycles so the "little darling" wouldn't have to peddle it to school.

Last edited:
Parents like this flame my rear! They will be the ones standing in front of the tv camera saying " Oh, Johnny was a good boy, he didn't mean no harm!" when he has committed a serious crime!

I would have to 'put a whole can of whip-"rear end" on my kids.. They would be praying the police hauled them off to jail!!

I would NOT give them chicks or help them build the coop. It would only inforce that mentality that if they want something they can just take it and someone will feel sorry for them and let them have it!!!!
barnie.gif

If you go to court maybe they need to work off their crime.. I mean really hard labor--such as building a stronger fence, cleaning out the coop... For several days..

I wish I was a judge...
he.gif

I am sorry to hear this but glad you called the cops. Some parents that are raising children need to be
smack.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
That's really sweet of you to say and makes me laugh at the same time. Please don't take offense.
smile.png
I think it is funny because I am exactly the opposite way. I want the neighborhood kids to think I'm horrible! I hope they get the impression we're like the Addams family or something---like we eat little kids in pies... How does one get a rumor like that started. I keep my kids at home and prefer that everyone else did the same.

Cassandra (MEAN)

Back
Top Bottom