Chickens by Easter .... Maybe

I feel like I should have it bronzed since it’s worth around twenty five hundred dollars. :lau
The cost per egg should come down quickly once all ten of them start laying though.
Yup, we called our first egg the thousand dollar egg (technically cost more than that). But figure by the time you hit 2 eggs, that's half of that, then 4 eggs, halve it again... by the time you hit 10 eggs, why, it's a bargain at $250 an egg!

45lk9p459gm-w

If you have any small children or grandchildren, around ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cook up that special egg for them. If you have multiple children, still cook, (boil) it and give a piece to each one. :thumbsup Memories with children last forever💞
Got a couple more small eggs this afternoon so we are on a roll ..... Going to take your advice in the morning since we had some family come up today that include a granddaughter and a great grandson. After I scramble these three small eggs, along with any more I might find in the morning, we should all get at least a taste of fresh egg. :rolleyes:

This is the coffee mug my daughter made for me.

A976C7CE-FF46-4AD9-81F1-CFC8F94F8940.jpeg

I can scoop poop in style now …….. :)

Good evening .....
Two questions for y'all

1 There is a black beetle of some kind that has been mentioned as being bad for chickens. Can anyone put a name to this critter?

2 I observed one of the birds in the coop today searching through the pine shavings and selecting certain ones to pick up and place on her back. Of course they fell right off but that didn't bother her at all. She just kept scratching around and picking up and placing certain pieces of pine shavings on her back. She did this for a few minutes or so and then just wandered out to the run.

I figured this might be another part of the dust bath ritual that I haven't seen before but it sure was odd.

2 I observed one of the birds in the coop today searching through the pine shavings and selecting certain ones to pick up and place on her back. Of course they fell right off but that didn't bother her at all. She just kept scratching around and picking up and placing certain pieces of pine shavings on her back. She did this for a few minutes or so and then just wandered out to the run.
Best guess so far is this is some sort of attempt at camouflage, so it's a behavior more often seen in hens that are sitting on a nest or that have just gotten off of one.

Back
Top Bottom