Chicken's droping runny, yellow, and moldy?

Madelynn Hayes

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2018
I have a hen named Sassy, a Road Island Red, and around 3 days ago, she started showing a lot of pain in her abdomen. She dropped her bottom and she had a hard time walking. My sister and I didn't understand what could be wrong, so we placed her in a bath and washed her abdomen. Unfortunately, she hasn't gotten better, and I believe she will not live much longer.
I researched as much as I could but couldn't find an answer. Sassy has yellow, runny and clear droppings, with what appears to be black mold? Or spots in her droppings?
If you know what this has caused my hen to suffer, please let me know!
:'(

I have a hen named Sassy, a Road Island Red, and around 3 days ago, she started showing a lot of pain in her abdomen. She dropped her bottom and she had a hard time walking. My sister and I didn't understand what could be wrong, so we placed her in a bath and washed her abdomen. Unfortunately, she hasn't gotten better, and I believe she will not live much longer.
I researched as much as I could but couldn't find an answer. Sassy has yellow, runny and clear droppings, with what appears to be black mold? Or spots in her droppings?
If you know what this has caused my hen to suffer, please let me know!
:'(
how old is she?

How many chickens do you have
12 hens, and they are all healthy, so far.
How woulf you recommend getting rid of mice? We place the food bags in metal containers, and have the feeders off the ground, but the hens just knock the food out and feed the mice.
We tried massaging her, but it never loosened up. The same areas have the same lumps, so I'm led to belive she has tumors?

Thank you all, I appreciate it very much!

How woulf you recommend getting rid of mice? We place the food bags in metal containers, and have the feeders off the ground, but the hens just knock the food out and feed the mice.

We tried massaging her, but it never loosened up. The same areas have the same lumps, so I'm led to belive she has tumors?

Have you done an internal exam? I am assuming, at 4, she still lays?

Getting small cages. Bait it with some food that the chickens don’t like. Just make sure your birds don’t get caught in the trap. And with twelve birds then another bird could of possibly given a disease to it. Chickens can have diseases on them without “catching” it. They will still pass it to other animals. Contact your local vet. They should be able to help. Keep me informed. :) tell me on my profile page. I want to help!!!

Have you done an internal exam? I am assuming, at 4, she still lays?
I'm not sure what you mean by internal exam, but if you mean looking inside the chicken's body? No, and we can't financially afford taking her to the vet.
As of lately, our chickens have been very, very slow with producing eggs. I haven't seen any of Sassy's eggs lately.

Back
Top Bottom