Chickens Dying!!! PLEASE HELP

Hello! I'm dearly sorry for your losses! :hugs Chicken illnesses/diseases are not my strong suit, but I thought I'd suggest that you might send the bantam in for a biopsy. It should tell you what's going on with your chickens, but I understand if that's not something you want to do. I personally don't know anything about chicken biopsy's because I've never had one done on a bird before, but it was just a thought. Would you mind posting a pic of the white birds? They could be Cornish Crosses which are known to have health issues.........

Hello! I'm dearly sorry for your losses!
hugs.gif
Chicken illnesses/diseases are not my strong suit, but I thought I'd suggest that you might send the bantam in for a biopsy. It should tell you what's going on with your chickens, but I understand if that's not something you want to do. I personally don't know anything about chicken biopsy's because I've never had one done on a bird before, but it was just a thought. Would you mind posting a pic of the white birds? They could be Cornish Crosses which are known to have health issues.........
Never thought of that but that sounds like it could be a cornish cross

We have been feeding them purina chicken food the kind that promotes egg laying. blue bag. Its un medicated but am going to go back to the medicated Have been feeding about 3/4 of a 5 quart ice cream. Bucket daily. The only thing that we have different recently is we gave them pumpkin. I read here on BYC that it was safe before giving it to them. We hadent given any yet when we lost the first one.

hmm, can you feel their keel bone and their abdomens? do their keel bones feel very prominent? are their abdomens bloated? also feel their crops, do they feel very hard at all?

Not sure what a keel bone is but if you mean breast bone then yes gets was very prominate teh other birds in the flock shunned her fo awhile because she had to be seperated after a dog attack. We thought the prominance of the bone was perhaps because they werent letting her eat

Back
Top Bottom