Chickens etc

rebeccandsomers

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2018
Hello I am a chicken enthusiast since September 2017. I found a little lost chick (small black kinda sumatra like) (we have a feral chicken population) and she just made me her mother but she was pretty needy and emotional and wanted to co sleep all the time so I bought her a chick of her own from the local farm. (Red sex link) They were raised in my kitchen and then I went to a poultry show and acquired a blue cochin pullet. Not long after another black cochin pullet arrived who was going to be culled so naturally I took her in.
Before I knew it my young son became a chicken enthusiast and handler at the local ag show and we got three OEG - a roo and two silver duck wings. From another farm got two beilfelder hens (sp) and found a duckling. (mallard i think) that makes nine and we are currently waiting on two lavendar orpingtons and two more red sex links. I think this will be it but when I say that someone else shows up :) We live in bermuda have also two dogs and a cat. Four kids two big two little. Thanks for having me!

Back
Top Bottom