Chickens get their first ever pumpkin!!!

pixie74943

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
They are currently cowering on the other side of the pen because they're scared of the big bad pumpkin.. So scared that my Bully hen isnt even beating up the runt, and she is standing UNDERNEATH her... Lolz

This pumpkin also has some garlic paste on it (for health value, and stickiness) with scratch sprinkled overtop... They are PETRIFIED!!!

once i shot a pumpkin with a shotgun and it eviscerated the pumpkin and the chickens ate it.
yippiechickie.gif

edited for content.

Remember this is a family board no swearing / foul language and no inappropriate "Adult" topics.​

Last edited by a moderator:
hey I am from Sydney, Australia..but am living in Atlanta Georgia...new to having chickens...but mine don't really like pumpkin. I have given them three and they don't really eat it (yes- ismash it up for them and everything)...I did give them the huge turkey carcass and they stripped it clean to the bone by lunchtme...I also gave them raw ground meat that I had and it was like they were just given 'Chicken Crack!' they ate that in seconds.

When it comes to pumpkin, my chickens love Pumpkin Pie. After Thanksgiving, I gave them a couple slices, because, well, I forgot to add sugar to the pie.
hide.gif
They surely didn't mind though!

As for raw pumpkin, I've got one sitting around for them to pick at, but I have not smashed it. I'm actually preferring that whatever happens, the seeds will go into the ground and grow us a new plant.

Back
Top Bottom