Chickens havent layed any eggs

Yes same here :) THE SUSPENSE. Plus, its the first time I've had bantams.
Although I've had 'normal' chickens for years, I don't have any idea how big bantams eggs will be!!
I have an absolutely darling Old English game bantam. She can't weigh more than 14 to 16 oz. Her eggs are going to be TINY!
20180513_045009.jpg

Millefleur Pekin Bantams - Pure Bred
10 chicks I got at 2 weeks from a lovely backyard breeder
6 hens
4 cocks :)
Beautiful aren't they!
Attached is another!

Attachments

• 20180609_150618.jpg
    20180609_150618.jpg
    949.7 KB · Views: 11
I have a 6 month old pullet that hasn't started yet! Just had one start at 5 and a half months. Not sure what the mixes are, but good grief, they were red for a while, but like Gh said, the combs can get larger too, which I noticed today, this girl's has. Larger and much more red. I'm making her squat..maybe that will get her going. Has worked on a few others.

I am eagerly awaiting the first egg as well! Mine just turned 18 weeks, and two of them have pretty good combs and wattles on them. Have yours been exploring the nesting box, or squatting when you touch their back? One of mine has started scratching around in the nesting box, and yesterday she squatted every time I touched her. She is in the picture. One of my buff orps still has no comb or wattle so it will be awhile for her.

Attachments

• 20180615_144314.jpg
    20180615_144314.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 9
I am eagerly awaiting the first egg as well! Mine just turned 18 weeks, and two of them have pretty good combs and wattles on them. Have yours been exploring the nesting box, or squatting when you touch their back? One of mine has started scratching around in the nesting box, and yesterday she squatted every time I touched her. She is in the picture. One of my buff orps still has no comb or wattle so it will be awhile for her.
Mine has started scratching around idk which hen tho lol

Back
Top Bottom