Chickens havent layed any eggs

Its the white one at the back i have fed her layers pellets and this is a pic of her 2 months later will she lay soon. BTW i know you dont need rooster but i have roosters aswell.

Attachments

• 20180806_105954.jpg
    20180806_105954.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 9
It has been raining nonstop, so I tried to snap a pic in their run. Here are my two buff orps. You can see the differences in their faces. The one that is laying eggs is in front, and the red in her face faded. She has a larger comb and longer wattles. The nonlayer in the back has just grown in her comb and wattles in the past two weeks, and her face still has red in it. My other one started laying after the red color left her face. My nonlayer does not squat yet when I walk up to her and reach toward her. My layer started doing that about a week before laying.

Attachments

• 20180806_194236.jpg
    20180806_194236.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 9
It has been raining nonstop, so I tried to snap a pic in their run. Here are my two buff orps. You can see the differences in their faces. The one that is laying eggs is in front, and the red in her face faded. She has a larger comb and longer wattles. The nonlayer in the back has just grown in her comb and wattles in the past two weeks, and her face still has red in it. My other one started laying after the red color left her face. My nonlayer does not squat yet when I walk up to her and reach toward her. My layer started doing that about a week before laying.
My buff orps are younger than yours and have not fully developed waddles and combs how old are your hens.

My buff orps are younger than yours and have not fully developed waddles and combs how old are your hens.

Mine are 25 weeks old right now (5 months) The comb and wattles developed quickly, though. This was the nonlayer three weeks ago. Huge difference.

Attachments

• 20180707_141634.jpg
    20180707_141634.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 8
That is how 2 of mine look so in 3 weeks possibly they shud be laying
Maybe. Mine still isn't laying yet, and she now looks like the first picture I posted.
Are yours showing the other signs? Are they squatting if you walk up and touch their back? Are they scratching around in the nesting box? My one in the picture is not doing any of those things yet, so it may still be another month before she starts laying. My others all showed those behaviors before the eggs started coming.

No nothing i think theyre still too young but i have read buff orps lay early

Back
Top Bottom