Chickens havent layed any eggs

Yus745

Chirping
Jun 6, 2018
My chickens have not layed a single egg most likely they are too young but i have heard other chickens younger are already laying.i think my chickens are 4-5 months.i have realised my chickens dig out an area in their coop maybe to get ready to lay idk help

One sign of maturity in a chicken is the comb. Depending on the breed, many chickens combs grow in size and redden. What do yours look like?
20180606_162355.jpg
20180605_174804.jpg
20180617_120410.jpg
20180606_145905.jpg
20180606_211535.jpg

Personally, I'd call those pullets. The combs are small for a full grown chicken. Don't be worried, I'm sure they'll grow more and fill out, and lay soon too! I wouldn't expect them to lay just yet. They may well make nests in their house and this may lead to eggs soon.
Remember, chickens often make nests and sit around even if they're young!

Personally, I'd call those pullets. The combs are small for a full grown chicken. Don't be worried, I'm sure they'll grow more and fill out, and lay soon too! I wouldn't expect them to lay just yet. They may well make nests in their house and this may lead to eggs soon.
Remember, chickens often make nests and sit around even if they're young!
Ok thanks

Yes same here :) THE SUSPENSE. Plus, its the first time I've had bantams.
Although I've had 'normal' chickens for years, I don't have any idea how big bantams eggs will be!!

Back
Top Bottom