Chickens havent layed any eggs

No nothing i think theyre still too young but i have read buff orps lay early
I have actually heard the opposite, that buff orps lay later. My other two are black sex links, that are known for laying early. Although I think it is really just the genetics of the bird as well. One of my black sex links started laying at 17 weeks, the other at 22 weeks. One of my buff orps started at 20 weeks, while the other isn't even close yet. Who knows, right?

C
I have actually heard the opposite, that buff orps lay later. My other two are black sex links, that are known for laying early. Although I think it is really just the genetics of the bird as well. One of my black sex links started laying at 17 weeks, the other at 22 weeks. One of my buff orps started at 20 weeks, while the other isn't even close yet. Who knows, right?

Confusing stuff and anyway i will post a pic of my buff orps currently.

I collected my second egg today over three days. The first of my girls. I think only one out of five is laying. They are around 5.5 months. Bantams.

It is confusing, isn't it? I would love to see your buff orps!

I could only get these 2 pics as they move around a lot
20180808_075749.jpg
20180808_075728.jpg

They are cute! Another thing I noticed with mine was when they got close to laying, their legs got lighter, nore white than yellow.

My buff orps have got a lot bigger will send a pic and the red has mostly gone away and they are taller but their legs are still yellow

My buff orps have got a lot bigger will send a pic and the red has mostly gone away and they are taller but their legs are still yellow
They may not. That could just be mine. Mine also had their "ears" turn white before laying. Mine might just be weird, though. Lol

Back
Top Bottom