Chickens improved our life! Let me count the ways...

Every day after work Hubby and I go outside for "chicken bonding time." All the stresses of the day melt away when you have a lap full of chickens (plus one turkey)!

All my friends laughed at me when I said that I was getting chickens for pets. But when I moved my chicks outside in a pen and set up lawn chairs and me and my DH sit and watch them for hours, its I who laughs at them when they call with all the stresses of their days. While I watch my babies run and play in the lawn I've forgotten about all the worries of the day.(and with 4 girls there is always alot;)) My threapy is my animals, but my chickies are a pure joy to me.

Ooh, and I always loved a Tom Turkey named Sweetie Pie at the farm show where we got the chicks. He loved DH's shoe for hours one afternoon. Just so full of love for himself, and full of hubba-hubba for anybody who'd tell him how beautiful he is....learning how fowl respond to love and kindness, has taught us many times to bother with love and kindness instead of the usual human jaded sarcasm. With the chickens in our life, we have many little bits of loving kindness throughout the day!

well, now we've learned how to upload on YouTube. Because of this, my son TAUGHT ME how to do something new! Where would I be today if chickens hadn't moved in? I am so very grateful for the blessing of these sweet things:

I'm glad this post got resurrected. Chickens add so much to so many people's lives. Beyond the love and pure enjoyment I get from my Chickaboos, I also have gotten a whole basket of beautiful feathers to use to decorate the hats that I make for sale. My chickens help me to make a living and when they start laying, they will help even more. What helpful little Chickaboos!
celebrate.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom