Chickens in Forney, TX

DParker75089

Songster
Mar 20, 2020
D/FW Texas
I've found a couple of references to Forney here, but nothing that really answers my question, so...

My Google-Fu is usually pretty strong, but I've been unable to locate the code of ordinances for the City of Forney, TX. While I'd appreciate any info regarding the legalities of chicken keeping in Forney, what I'd really like is if someone can point me to an online resource containing the text of the actual applicable city codes/ordinances.

Thanks in advance.

ETA: I finally did locate a copy of the Animal Control Ordinance for Forney, but it's a poor-quality image scan of paper pages, and is not searchable...so hopefully there's something better out there.

https://www.forneytx.gov/DocumentCenter/View/25/Animal-Control-Ordinance-PDF?bidId=

Last edited:
Thanks again for the responses. We ended up with a property in an unincorporated area of Parker Co., so we have no city ordinances or other similar restrictions to deal with. And, best of all, we inherited a small flock (7 hens with 2 coops and a run) from the previous owners, so we're already up and running.

Back
Top Bottom