Chickens In The White House! How can we make this happen!?!?!

Chickens at the White House! It may be a ways out, but I think the time is right to let the Obamas that we think they are cool enough to at least consider the idea.

I am the designer of the Playhouse Coop and would be most happy to send a set of plans for ideas.

I think the White House/beekeeper is the guy to contact.

Dennis

Yes, even though i am a smart ars, I do think that this is a wonderful idea.

If approach correctly and done with the correct channels of people in washington we all just may have a chance at it.

LET GO !!

I would suggest trying to find the historical breeds that were used in the area in the past and go with that as your suggestion to the whitehouse for getting to have chickens.

Also, show them how a garden with chickens around is a happy garden. Happier then those without.

I tried getting into the Atlantic site about the chickens in the whitehouse but no success so will post it here.

I think it would be a neat project for the Obama girls to raise some baby chicks -- maybe as an education project that they could have a blog or something on line to help describe what happens.

Make them really cute like the silkies. Show the world that getting back to rural small farms is very critical to the economy of small town America. Maybe somebody with some gorgeous silkies could make a donation!!

Make a plea for the "small players" that Obama is already reaching out to -- show how connected BYC is to organic everything.

Dianne

Last edited:
How hard would it be to mail something to the president's family? Like a letter and maybe a scrapbook with each BYC member getting part of a page to put a pic of their pet chicken and why they love having chickens! That would be a cute idea. It might be a little hard to put together though!

I've begun writing OpEds on national sites, as well as my blogs.
I mention the chickens near the end
Here is the link to my piece.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/LET-S-CALL-IT-THE-FAMILY-G-by-FAITHCARR-090324-926.html

We might want to initiate a letter campaign.

If anyone is interested in doing this, I'll post the instructions on how best to get attention to a CHICKEN RUN The White House.

Faith Carr
Gainesville FL
7 hens 5 eggs a day!
And I can't give 'em to food banks, go figure...

Last edited:
Quote:
That sounds like a good idea!
I'll help out if any1 needs me!!
big_smile.png

Someone should explain to him the economic and green benefits of chickens.

No more lawn fertilizer for the White House lawn.

Less gas spent on cutting grass and less CO2 emissions

Save on the White House food bill, with fresh eggs for the family and staff.

Entertainment for guests to the White House.

Back
Top Bottom