Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby put the chick in one of those tiny rectangle baby food cups for a day to hold his feet together if the bands keep him from walking. A lot of times the bands make them fall over and are worse than not. at the bottom of the hatching 101 article you will find images and links to this. I never bothered banding, I always used the cup. Blarney taught me this, it works wonders and in short order too!

Chick in a babyfood container to help "bring legs" together

Understanding Splayed Legs and incubation distress that easily leads to splayed legs

This condition has been associated with high humidity during incubation, but the results of our research indicate that higher temperature conditions during the last phase of embryo development may have a bigger impact. Splayed legs are also observed when newly hatched chicks are placed on slippery floors.

http://www.worldpoultry.net/Breeders/Incubation/2011/8/Incubation-distress-easily-leads-to-splayed-legs-WP009251W/

I woke up to a pip!! Looks like this chick will get a friend after all!!! :jumpy (thank goodness, not wanting to raise a lone chick!) :lau
Yay!!!!!! You should put the other little guy in the bator to help coax the others along. Lol!!
[COLOR=005CB1] [COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Chick in a babyfood container to help "bring legs" together
[COLOR=005CB1]
[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=005CB1]http://poultryhelp.com/spraddle.html[/COLOR]​

Understanding Splayed Legs and incubation distress that easily leads to splayed legs

This condition has been associated with high humidity during incubation, but the results of our research indicate that higher temperature conditions during the last phase of embryo development may have a bigger impact. Splayed legs are also observed when newly hatched chicks are placed on slippery floors.

[COLOR=005CB1]http://www.worldpoultry.net/Breeder...tress-easily-leads-to-splayed-legs-WP009251W/
[/COLOR]​
I love this article. It was great information to have available esp if and when I need it.

Ruby put the chick in one of those tiny rectangle baby food cups for a day to hold his feet together if the bands keep him from walking.  A lot of times the bands make them fall over and are worse than not.  at the bottom of the hatching 101 article you will find images and links to this.  I never bothered banding, I always used the cup.  Blarney taught me this, it works wonders and in short order too! 

Thank you!! I have one of those too! He seems a lot better this morning! After I drop the kids off at school, I'm going to really examine him and I will do that if he needs it. I'm going to take out the MHP, and put up a red light to keep him warm and near food and water. He really needs a friend to teach him to drink!

Haven't had to jump out of windows for a long time now, but I am intrigued by those who dare to deviate from that which is perceived as 'normal'. Many here seem to fit that description. Can I hang out with ya'?
ya.gif

Thank you!! I have one of those too! He seems a lot better this morning! After I drop the kids off at school, I'm going to really examine him and I will do that if he needs it. I'm going to take out the MHP, and put up a red light to keep him warm and near food and water. He really needs a friend to teach him to drink!
sure! anytime!

woot.gif
Thank God for farmers!

Haven't had to jump out of windows for a long time now, but I am intrigued by those who dare to deviate from that which is perceived as 'normal'. Many here seem to fit that description. Can I hang out with ya'?
ya.gif
@sourland YAY!!!
hugs.gif

Oo, what's this I see in the forum page list thingy? Knew *exactly* who had to've started it, too ;-)

Invitations? I didn't get one... Probably because I don't tend to respond to the windows...

Anyway, I'm here for reading material and to annoy SC by being quiet and then, at some random time, doing an info dump;-)
I'm just getting caught up after coming out of my purple haze, so I'm replying to this before reading the rest. Honest, I wanted to invite you, and had already discussed it with someone else, but my stone showed up before I got the chance. I know how you like to read, and this one should be good ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom