Chickens In Ya Window

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

Right! !

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Sorry, ross... busy day today... went to livestock auction house @BYC910 told me about and sold off 20 birds, mostly roos... hung out with BYC and enjoyed watching them sell off junk... thank you, K!! :hugs

Btw, BYC asked me to post this... this is a cage made out of the casing of an old window air conditioner unit... it sold for 15 bucks!! :lau

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

It looks like someone might have crossed in Light Brown Leghorn... where did they come from? Eggs or chicks? Pics??

PM me if you prefer and maybe we can get to bottom of this... also, have you cracked the egg open??

4. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Feeling any better Ravyn?

5. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Yes, actually... thank you for asking... just think I ran my mouth too much today talking K's ear off, lol... made my throat sore... ;)

6. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

I got all 3 of them as chicks at a swap. From a lady who is pretty reliable in SC. We are on a big SC page so I have not messaged her yet about it. They looked identical to autosexing CLB chicks. I have to find the pictures
    They are on my Facebook page....if you click "My Coop"you will be able to see them there. I have not cracked it open yet. Why would I need to do that??

7. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

This is great!!! My hubby does side ac jobs....I might just have to keep them now!! Lol!!!

8. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

I meant to say just Brown Leghorn, not light... fmp was working on a project with those, but he was using rosecombs and is in WA... so unlikely they're from his line...

If you peel the membrane off from the inside of shell, it should show if there is any blue tint for sure... sometimes thick layers of the bloom can cover color...

9. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

I can see making them for cages to use personally, just hard to believe it sold for that much... :gig

10. yeah but what you didn't say was that I thought I'd get it for a dollar.[​IMG] somebody else thought it was worth fourteen more .than I did .[​IMG]. this is the only livestock auction barn I've been to where they will sell anything and I mean anything .they even sold the kitchen sink. It's mostly junk I don't mind that they do it . just that they do it first and then pigs and then cows and then chickens and then goats .Ravyn was there all day long . one thing I can say about Ravyn she's tough as nails sorry your throat is sore Ravyn mine 's just fine. But I didn't get there as early as you did .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by