Chickens In Ya Window

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

You're right! I did forget that!! :lau

It was a long, hot day... and poor chickens stuck waiting in the back room for way too long... but it sure was a ton of fun... :D

Still trying to figure out what half that junk was... bad part is, if Jim was there half of it woulda came home with us! :/

Just say it... my throat is sore cuz I'm just a bigger loudmouth than you... :plbb

2. nope not so It's cause you talked to people all day long by the time I got there you knew more about what's been going on there than I do. You and your friend talked to as many people as I did . no wait more people than me .

3. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

But... I don't like people... :oops:

Unless I gotta sell some chickens! :D

I only talked to so many cuz they all kept asking about our chickens... ;)

4. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

Thank you!!! Another person from the CLB thread told me that was more likely why happened. They said if the rooster came from a blue egg then her daughters should lay light blue eggs. But they also said to give her a few days to work it out internally. Then decide to cull. I told hubby I was sad because of it...and that I don't think I am going to use her, so I am either going to sell her or move her to my layer only pen.

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Well maybe it will work out in a few days. :fl Is the other girl too young to lay?

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I am so sorry if you want to hatch some CCL I can send you some, I am not selling any since I have been ill anyways, your welcome to some if you pay shipping, and thats just for your lol

let me know when you want some and I can send you some fresh ones if you would like some
    . [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    SC did it pass????

8. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I'm not sure. I had a big ol' glass of pure lemon juice yesterday ;)
    Passed something during the night, but not a stone. Something kind of gritty, but I could roll it into a ball. Seemed more like tissue. At any rate, I'm not hurting this morning, so :idunno

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Not hurting is good. My back is behaving. [​IMG] Hopefully I didn't just jinx both of us.

10. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    They are both 26 weeks old. But if she lays blue eggs I will keep her. I just don't think she ready eyt. Her face is not nearly as red and she does not squat for Gump. So I think here soon it will happen considering her sister is laying now. Lol!!!
    You would do that for me!!!??? Thank you!!! I am going to hold off because I just ordered a new unit for my incubator so it will actually give me good hatches.....I hope. It was the incu kit that was recommended. I will hit you up here in about a month or so!!!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by