Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop rivets and washers work too to reattach the hardware cloth.

Where you are missing trays, if you don't want to spend the $35 a pop on new trays from GQF, you can add heavy gauge hardware cloth to the existing rails to support the plastic egg racks directly.

Mine came with a full set of trays.

Removing the turner racks to work on them is easy, just remove the nut and washer from the turner motor cam, and the cross bars in front. The whole turning assembly will slide forward and out.

The rain won't stop don't want to uncover them yet . the element in the hatcher appears to be in good shape . I don't smell mouse or rats have been in there . Ravyn and I opened the doors at the sale and I closed them quick . didn't even look at the hatcher until I unloaded it . I was pretty surprised the element looks new . it might be its hard to tell . the cabinets are all sound . hinges and latches are a little rusted . the window in the hatcher has been added and not very well . I'll need to redo that . as soon as I get it inside I'll take pictures of the in side . both of the incubators smell really bad . I have my painters mask ready for them . you know I'm going to love cleaning those no other way than to go at it . I think you got a better deal on the incubator . It'll be strange not hatching in the Bower but I'm sure I'll get used to it .

FINALLY! A lavender orpington egg! :weee

The rain won't stop don't want to uncover them yet . the element in the hatcher appears to be in good shape . I don't smell mouse or rats have been in there . Ravyn and I opened the doors at the sale and I closed them quick . didn't even look at the hatcher until I unloaded it . I was pretty surprised the element looks new . it might be its hard to tell . the cabinets are all sound . hinges and latches are a little rusted . the window in the hatcher has been added and not very well . I'll need to redo that . as soon as I get it inside I'll take pictures of the in side . both of the incubators smell really bad . I have my painters mask ready for them . you know I'm going to love cleaning those no other way than to go at it . I think you got a better deal on the incubator . It'll be strange not hatching in the Bower but I'm sure I'll get used to it .

If you want to check if your resistance wire is safe to use, look to see if it is oxidized. If it is, either replace it with a calrod if you want an upgrade, or spend the $8 for a new wire.

Once they oxidize, they get brittle, break, and short to ground. Both my Brower brooder and GQF incubator had bad elements, lucky me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom