Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to check it out.

Actually no, she said "For your information, roosters have never been allowed.". It's all based on no more complaints.

Never!? No wonder the native americans never had chickens.
gig.gif

The letter of the law says "chickens". Chickens come in male and female sexes, so an ordinance that allows "chickens" allows roosters.

Common frickin' sense. Even if they change the rules, you legally have them today, print a copy of the ordinance.

The letter of the law says "chickens". Chickens come in male and female sexes, so an ordinance that allows "chickens" allows roosters.

Common frickin' sense. Even if they change the rules, you legally have them today, print a copy of the ordinance.
Walnut speaks truth!

That's what most sane folks would say.

I'm sure I could win in court, but I'm glad this lady didn't want to take it that far.

Scooter may have a new home tomorrow, but son of Scooter will be my 5th generation of males from the Porter line.  I bring in new females to continue increasing the size of the line while maintaining the conformation and quality, and I had two lovely Golden Narragansett sons to choose from.

The Narragansett pen for 2016 will produce Golden Narragansett, Narragansett, Bourbon Red, Bourbon Buff, Bronze and Red Bronze.  

I can't WAIT for spring.  I already did my 2016 spreadsheet for set date calculations, first chicken set of 90 will be March 3 to catch the Easter buyers, and I can get two more weekly sets of 90 in before setting turkeys.  First turkey set will be March 26.  I can ship any turkey eggs that are laid in January or February, or after May 14, or earlier if I add a couple of extra hens to my flock.  All but one hen is young so I don't expect many eggs in January.

I told him he was the one you were letting go... he just loves your birds, lol...

Can probably do a good asst for any of your set times just let me know... we're open for whenever is good for you on your extras... :thumbsup

That's what most sane folks would say.

I'm sure I could win in court, but I'm glad this lady didn't want to take it that far.

I agree with Walnut... print that out and CYA... you've got a target on your back now... :/

I told him he was the one you were letting go... he just loves your birds, lol...

Can probably do a good asst for any of your set times just let me know... we're open for whenever is good for you on your extras...
thumbsup.gif

I agree with Walnut... print that out and CYA... you've got a target on your back now...
hmm.png

I'll have three hens in the Narri pen so I should get 16 eggs a week or better from them once they get going. I hope to have four hens in the meaties pen, but I could start one of them in the Narri pen and just have the Oregon Gray boy in with the big girls.

Every year I say I am going to quit raising Narragansetts but they are such wonderful birds, generation after generation, even those I buy that are unrelated are tame and friendly. I brought those genes into my meat line and the Oregon Gray is curious and friendly, maybe a bit too friendly! He's about 18 pounds already at 20 weeks.

Last edited:
:gig I'm 393 posts behind and too busy at work to catch up. I had to take time off for a funeral, my son got a deer, city want's my roosters gone, and I got in a car wreck (not my fault). I'm fine though. Really I'm fine. SC if you have time I would love a wrap up of the last 4 days.
Glad your ok and I've read the whole story!! I had my :fl for you the whole time!!
Walnut I finally got the hatcher inside cleaned the out side and started on the inside really not that bad .the element really looks new nice and shinny fan works wafer switch works it won't heat . thought the thermostat was bad so I straight wired the heating element . and still no heat . I must have a wire chewed into or broken where I can't see it . the wires I can see are all good none are corroded . do I take the back off or drop the fan support down to get it out ?not to crazy about taking the back off but it can be done everything is glued in place . I already pulled the drawer slides from one side . and will go out later and pull the other side .I'm giving it a good cleaning .want to make sure I get all the little cracks .
Hope you get it up and running soon, K!
OK, first wrap up on this thread. Here it goes: napdog is actually Mountain Man, BYC910 wants a drunken party with no evidence, gachooks dropped in then ran away again, I'm still a wuss on the weekends, Ravyn offered Ruby her poof, ross doesn't watch TV, 4 days in the fridge is fine, Ruby's kids force her to pay for cable, chicapee talks goats in the rain, Walnut told me how to finish a cock, frmboy rescued starving chickens, WV wants a bootleg cock, pissy is fine but p***ed is not, sell the box and give away the rooster, Friday is on a walkabout, GNO out is redundant, BYC910 has stinkybators, WV finally got a lav egg, turk found the hidden lair, Walnut can build an incubator but won't open a window, BYC910 is having Ravyn's babies, BR had a birthday parade or two, young hens will lay for machete wielding Asians, and my dad is Breaking Bad :thumbsup
:lau
BYC is having Ravyn's babies... :lau :gig
X3!! This made me snicker out load!
Get the no crow collars... also, go door to door to find out where all your neighbors stand about the roosters... ask the ones that don't like them if you reduce their noise if they will agree to being ok with them... get petitions... get your ducks in a row before going to the council... And roosters have to be named in their text to be omitted... if they aren't then they are allowed... as their wording stands, as long as there is no noise disturbance, then you can have them... Oh, play on the heartsrings of the crabby neighbors... they only made undue noise while you were gone attending a friends funeral... and let them know you are willing to do all you can to make sure they aren't noisy anymore...
All great advice!
I just received an email from the head of city planning...................... The roosters stay!! I'm thanking my Creator right now!
:yesss: that is GREAT news!!
Have you ever read Everything I want to do is illegal? Its full of stories like that.
That sounds interesting.
I can't WAIT for spring. I already did my 2016 spreadsheet for set date calculations, first chicken set of 90 will be March 3 to catch the Easter buyers, and I can get two more weekly sets of 90 in before setting turkeys. First turkey set will be March 26. I can ship any turkey eggs that are laid in January or February, or after May 14, or earlier if I add a couple of extra hens to my flock. All but one hen is young so I don't expect many eggs in January.
Is Easter the best time to try to sell chicks?

Glad your ok and I've read the whole story!! I had my
fl.gif
for you the whole time!!
Hope you get it up and running soon, K!
lau.gif

X3!! This made me snicker out load!
All great advice!
yesss.gif
that is GREAT news!!
That sounds interesting.
Is Easter the best time to try to sell chicks?
It really is (Though I've only read about half of it) Its full of really good advice too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom