Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torture... pure torture... you are a master at it...

There is nothing I do that can't be learned. If one person tries making something they never tried before because of my posts, then my mission has been achieved.

Humidity is already down to 70% in the dehydrator
big_smile.png

There is nothing I do that can't be learned. If one person tries making something they never tried before because of my posts, then my mission has been achieved.

Humidity is already down to 70% in the dehydrator
big_smile.png

soon time to throw in some eggs ready to hatch in with that jerky
lau.gif

chick smoked jerky, Walnut Hill Special
droolin.gif

Tonight is supposed to be a good night to see the Northern Lights. It's a rare sight in my area. I saw a spectacular show once, glimmers a few times.

gig.gif
I'm sure the chicks will appreciate it.

Oh, I am getting some of this, if she will ship it.

Quote:
The link to the project is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/956935/home-made-cabinet-incubator

The element is a cheap eBay clone of a ZooMed ceramic emitter, 175 watt. Super reliable and safe. Like this http://www.petco.com/product/5003/Zoo-Med-Repticare-Ceramic-Infrared-Heat-Emitters.aspx

I just let it do its thing. I leave the vents open until the display reads lower than the room humidity, then close them. For conditioning, I just turn it off.

If the weather was nicer here, I'd just stick one of the emitters in a brooder lamp and put it in the smoker. I only want 100F for drying.

My office smells amazing right now...and if the jerky turns out as good as it smells, I'll share the recipes.
I am literally salivating heavily.

Torture... pure torture... you are a master at it...
x2!

Tonight is supposed to be a good night to see the Northern Lights. It's a rare sight in my area. I saw a spectacular show once, glimmers a few times.
Again with the torture. You can stop any time now. I think you enjoy it. You're a very subtle sadist, aren't you?

gig.gif
I'm sure the chicks will appreciate it.

Oh, I am getting some of this, if she will ship it.

Quote:
I am literally salivating heavily.

x2!

Again with the torture. You can stop any time now. I think you enjoy it. You're a very subtle sadist, aren't you?

SC has his talents, I have mine. But mine will only excite your stomach. I won't tell you what I made for dinner since I had the smoker going.

Last edited:
SC has his talents, I have mine. But mine will only excite your stomach. I won't tell you what I made for dinner since I had the smoker going.

Been a busy day looks like . You all were in a posting mood . Tied up with Ben all day . Tomorrow promises to be the same way . Quick reply and I'm off to cook . One of your talents is to make me so hungry . when you start posting pictures of food I have to ware a bib from all the
droolin.gif

Jerky drying in the smoker, just a bit of mesquite and oak. Sage breakfast sausage Maple breakfast sausage The jerky has now moved into my "built as an incubator but works as an incredible dehydrator" cabinet. The humidity controller shows me the relative moisture content (77.8%) and the STC-1000 maintains a perfect 100F for drying without cooking.
Teasing us with that deliciousness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom