Chickens LOST in the MAIL. :(

Aww, I hate that so much. Never had that happen before, but I can't imagine what you're going through. Especially since the female is injured. I hate the thought of shipping animals, so much can go wrong. Any updates?
hide.gif

Sorry about the chickens! Hope they arrive safe.

But just a question out of curiosity: How do they ship live animals? I mean, how are they fed and watered for 24 hours, (or more, in this case)
sad.png
when they're stuck in a box the whole time?

I am confused....

Ah, geez, so sorry! Another BYC had the same issue happen to him, twice. Unfortunately, it didn't end well. He did manage to get a couple of live birds in the end, but the rest is just sad. His involved pullets, not day olds. And, one time, the box was opened by a PO employee and food and water were given to them, but they still didn't make it.

I hope you can provide us with a happy update.

Just a couple of observations~~

*SHAME on the seller for putting a breeding pair TOGETHER in a small box. Shipping boxes DO come with dividers!

*The seller should KNOW live birds should not be shipped during the Christmas holidays when delays are always expected.

Quote:
I ordered an 8 wk old chick and an unrelated adult hen and the breeder (here on BYC who sells LOTS of birds) put them in a box without a divider. She said she was going to but 'forgot'. The chick arrived dead with holes punctured in his head, I still have pictures. Who puts an 8 wk old chick with an unrelated adult hen??? This woman has hundreds of auctions here on BYC all the time.

Back
Top Bottom