Chickens make me laugh!

Tina Gerow

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2023
So I just went out to do my afternoon check on my ladies. I took them some fresh spinach - one of their faves and was missing one of my bantams, Flash!! Which meant she was probably roosting - YEP!

So, I went into the coop and there she was, the little red speckled cutie all huddled up in her roost. I gave her some pets and talked to her softly before reaching under her just to double check that she wasn't hiding one of her tiny eggs under there.

That little stinker was hiding FIVE full-sized eggs and one bantam egg! What the heck???? How did I NOT see that under one tiny bird????

So I took them all while still petting her and telling her what a good girl she was and then scooping some bedding back under her, which she promptly scooted around in to make it more comfortable and settled back in like I'd never disturbed her. Ha!!

And the tiny one was still even a tiny bit tacky so it was fresh! Leave it to Flash not to mind a full nest to drop her payload! I like an opinionated woman, but then I do have eight of them living in my back yard!! Snerk!

So I just went out to do my afternoon check on my ladies. I took them some fresh spinach - one of their faves and was missing one of my bantams, Flash!! Which meant she was probably roosting - YEP!

So, I went into the coop and there she was, the little red speckled cutie all huddled up in her roost. I gave her some pets and talked to her softly before reaching under her just to double check that she wasn't hiding one of her tiny eggs under there.

That little stinker was hiding FIVE full-sized eggs and one bantam egg! What the heck???? How did I NOT see that under one tiny bird????

So I took them all while still petting her and telling her what a good girl she was and then scooping some bedding back under her, which she promptly scooted around in to make it more comfortable and settled back in like I'd never disturbed her. Ha!!

And the tiny one was still even a tiny bit tacky so it was fresh! Leave it to Flash not to mind a full nest to drop her payload! I like an opinionated woman, but then I do have eight of them living in my back yard!! Snerk!
Aww that’s adorable! She sounds like a character! Do you have pics of her?

Attachments

• Flash.png
    Flash.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom