Chickens not laying eggs

StormyMoon

Songster
9 Years
May 1, 2010
Alvarado, TX
This will be our second fall and winter together the girls have not laid any eggs since June only a few was molting while the others didnt.
They are all different ages together 10 are 2 yrs old and 5 are 1 yr old. The older of the bunch molted.

We had a dog break in chasing the chickens even killed 2.......we had a snake issue ( 7 ft rat snake ) we killed and haven't seen any more since.
Its now been a month since the dog and snake issue and still no eggs. Of course our summer here in Texas has been really harsh they have had cold water available at all times. Now its cooling off we only had a few triple digit days the rest were cool.

I noticed the newest crew that was hatched in April and May are looking pale in color but everyone has normal poops, eating and drinking really well.

They are free ranged from 6 AM -till sundown. I have never de wormed any of my flock, is it possible I may need to?
If yes, what do I use?

I got 3 eggs today which is a first in a long while .....seems they are trying to start laying again should I just wait and see?

Thanks for any info..

Quote:
Thank you
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom