Chickens still have not pipped!!

Ok sounds good. Just in case (it’s not happening right now) will the “bad” eggs start to smell before they explode?

Ok I started counting the days I put them in. So i guess today would be day 20? I have had chickens before but this is my first time incubating. I have a little giant incubator. I don’t have a second thermometer so i did a little worksheet thing that came with the incubator to figure out the temp. I think it should be around 99.5 right?
yes today would be day 20. Guessing you set them on a Sat? So they "should" hatch on Sat. If you don't see any pips you can try to candle them and see if you can see any internal pips. You can also hold them up to your ear and see if you hear any peeping which you will once they internally pip. I am not sure on a little giant sorry. If you plan on hatching again I would get a separate thermometer/hygrometer that you can calibrate to double check the temp of your incubator. Do you happen to have a meat thermometer? you can use one of those if calibrated (or calibrate it) to check temp too. Good luck!!!!!

yes today would be day 20. Guessing you set them on a Sat? So they "should" hatch on Sat. If you don't see any pips you can try to candle them and see if you can see any internal pips. You can also hold them up to your ear and see if you hear any peeping which you will once they internally pip. I am not sure on a little giant sorry. If you plan on hatching again I would get a separate thermometer/hygrometer that you can calibrate to double check the temp of your incubator. Do you happen to have a meat thermometer? you can use one of those if calibrated (or calibrate it) to check temp too. Good luck!!!!!
yes i set them on saturday. I do have a meat thermometer so maybe i’ll try that. thank you for all your advice! i’ll give updates!

yes i set them on saturday. I do have a meat thermometer so maybe i’ll try that. thank you for all your advice! i’ll give updates!
Can't wait to hear about them hatching! I would try to candle them and see if you see shadowing in the air cells (just like what it sounds like instead of a nice smooth round air cell you will see a shadow of the chick pushing on it (I can post up a pic of one for you) or maybe even hear some peeps coming from the eggs!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about them hatching! I would try to candle them and see if you see shadowing in the air cells (just like what it sounds like instead of a nice smooth round air cell you will see a shadow of the chick pushing on it (I can post up a pic of one for you) or maybe even hear some peeps coming from the eggs!!!!!!
ok do you think tomorrow i should? morning? afternoon?

ok do you think tomorrow i should? morning? afternoon?
candle them? it is best in the dark so if you can now (not sure where you are located) but I would now. just so you can see if you can see or hear anything. May give you an idea if they are internally pipped. if you see ANY external pips I wouldn't candle though.

A couple pics of shadowing. One is almost an internal pip, the 2nd see the bit of a shadow on the underside of the air cells?

Also forgot to say if you candle try to keep them in the same position when you candle and put them down as they are in now.

Attachments

• 5640589576810228415_01.jpg
    5640589576810228415_01.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 164216054468394738_01.jpg
    164216054468394738_01.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 4
candle them? it is best in the dark so if you can now (not sure where you are located) but I would now. just so you can see if you can see or hear anything. May give you an idea if they are internally pipped. if you see ANY external pips I wouldn't candle though.
alright!! i have good news!! 😄 I just went down to candle them and listen to them. 2 of the eggs are starting to pip!!! (external) do you think i should still candle them/listen to them?

Back
Top Bottom