Chickens talking before falling aspleep. What are they saying?

There's something that give me a sense of peace and serenity. It's listening my girls talking softly to each other before falling asleep, safe and sound in the coop. I've always wondered what they say
I love that sound too, and call it 'bedtime stories'.
But do not speculate about what they may be 'saying'.

Mine are usually arguing about roost space....move over, no you move, etc.....and there are extra roosts, it's just that they all want to sit in first class, not economy.
🤣 that's my girls. Im sure they are saying "get your butt out of my face, stop stepping on my foot, scoot over and quit crowding me" we have TWO 6 foot roosting bars for 10 pullets and they all cram to the one side of them using approximately 6 feet total when they have an entire 6 feet more if they would just spread out

Attachments

• 20200921_101857.jpg
    20200921_101857.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 37
'Bedtime stories' and 'pillow talk'.... I've learned two lovely expressions in English. Nice! Thank you. In Italian language there isn't an equivalent expression that explain the chattering before falling asleep.
Well, to be honest I just made that up.......I'm sure those words could be said in Italian?

I think a couple of mine are bitching at the roosters, a couple are discussing plans for tomorrow, someone is rating the day’s food, the two Creves are saying their prayers.

I love to sit in the coop until they’ve all settled down, and then go around and give them each a kiss on their sweet soft rumps.

Does anyone know they are so docile at night?

We've got one hen that is incredibly vocal at night. She'll be in the coop with all the other girls, about to settle in for the evening, then she'll storm out of the coop with such a loud ruckus, and walk around the outside of the coop for about 5 mins. bawking away (pretty loudly) at seemingly nothing.

... then find her way back into the coop to join her sisters.

She's overall the more vocal of the group day and night. I should grab a video of her next time she's out and about at bedtime!

Back
Top Bottom