Chickens with Diarrhea

I just got my 4 buff orps (3 pullets and a cockerel, a few mos old) about 3 weeks ago from a nearby farm. In the first week I noticed 1 pullet had infected ears and was sneezing, and after a week like that I took her to the doctor. I noticed shortly thereafter that my little roo was sneezing too, and now I saw another pullet sneezing as well. But that doesn't worry me so much. I gave the one with the infected ears a week of antibiotics at the vet's instruction.

A week ago, I built them a coop. Then it started raining. Tons and tons of rain for 6 days straight. On most days I let the chickens out of their coop to run around if they wanted to (they had a shaded area too if they wanted to stay dry. Today the rain stopped and I resumed working on the coop (it's done enough that they can sleep in it but not done) and today I noticed that several chickens have diarrhea. Not all of them bc I see normal looking fresh poops around the yard. But more than one of them have it. Very runny. Any ideas?

Quote:
Makes sense. They spent a few days in their coop and when I let them out this AM they were very thirsty and I noticed they had dumped their water container that was in the coop upside down.

Back
Top Bottom