Chickens won’t drink Denagard water

KCward

Chirping
Mar 25, 2021
Hi all, my flock has been having some minor sneezing and my young Turkey had some sinus swelling so I got a bottle of Denagard to put in their water. The first day they seemed to drink it OK, but yesterday and this morning they seem to be avoiding it. I added quite a bit of sugar and a little apple juice and they still shake their head after one sip and won’t drink it. I only worry because it has been over 100 here in Texas and I don’t want them to die from the heat. Anyone have any suggestions? Could they die from dehydration or will they eventually drink it if it’s their only water source? Also, I did notice after 2 days my turkey’s sinus swelling has gone down tremendously and is almost gone so they must be drinking it some, right? Also, what is the correct amount of days to dose them? Thanks

They could die of dehydration if they are refusing to drink the medicated water.
You can try adding Karo Syrup along with the juice to see if that makes if more palatable.

If you see they are not drinking, then it may be better to provide fresh plain water to get them through the heat and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom