Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsylion

Songster
11 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Massachusetts
Quote:weird, they should be layng tinted eggs. I have not seen a silkie lay a white egg yet.

There may be an easy answer to this oddity: Color is relative, esp since silkie's eggs are only *slightly* cream colored... next to a truly white egg, a silkie's egg looks creamy colored, next to a brown or green egg, it looks white. Even next to a truly beige egg, like h.a.'s seramas, it probably looks white. You know?

shay20

Shay's Flock of Fun
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
in the wild, Mass
Quote:weird, they should be layng tinted eggs. I have not seen a silkie lay a white egg yet.

There may be an easy answer to this oddity: Color is relative, esp since silkie's eggs are only *slightly* cream colored... next to a truly white egg, a silkie's egg looks creamy colored, next to a brown or green egg, it looks white. Even next to a truly beige egg, like h.a.'s seramas, it probably looks white. You know?

sooo true

Chickie'sMoma

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Rochester, NH
Quote:There may be an easy answer to this oddity: Color is relative, esp since silkie's eggs are only *slightly* cream colored... next to a truly white egg, a silkie's egg looks creamy colored, next to a brown or green egg, it looks white. Even next to a truly beige egg, like h.a.'s seramas, it probably looks white. You know?

sooo true

yeah, i have a 3/4 cochin X 1/4 silkie girl who on occasion has been giving me a very light cream egg. it looks so white till i get a white egg that day along side some brown eggs and then it just looks yellow!

usschicago1

Suburban Cochins
10 Years
Aug 11, 2009
Taunton, MA
If anyone has some pure bantam rocks let me know :) Im looking for some hens or pairs and I will pay or trade ( I have one white cochin hen that I will be selling soon $25 Great Show Potential My Line originally from a great breeder. )
Looking for barred columbians or buffs. I have had some trouble with hatching eggs. I hatched out one buff and one columbian bantam out of a dozen eggs !

Last edited:

howardacres

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009

Now that would make sense----my silkie eggs do look white next to my other colors of eggs, but since i don't have a true white layer, i haven't compared that.

spotsplus

Songster
11 Years
Sep 29, 2008
Tarboro, NC
I have 4 Coturnix quails for sale $10 for all. I also have a pair of black Cochin bantam X cockerals that are a hoot to watch and would make great pets (pictured)- free.
Tammie

My black silkie pullet passed away so I may be looking for another little girl. Do silkies come in splash or a calico type color?

Chickie'sMoma

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Rochester, NH
i got some interesting news today about my dh's habanero pepper jelly! our local Blue Seal was doing a canning & tasting contest so i dropped of 3 different jars of jams. one was his pepper jelly! it won first place and i was able to sell 2 of the jars to a few of their employees!
when i got to the store to pick up our prize they had the jar almost done! hubby is happy to have more lovers of his recipe! i'm hoping in a few more weeks to have enough peppers from the garden to make another batch before the end of the warm season. those 2 employees want us to keep them supplied with the stuff!

Shay, i'll make sure to have a few jars set aside for you and your dh when i come down! Gypsie, do you need me to set aside a jar or two also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom