Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
weird, they should be layng tinted eggs. I have not seen a silkie lay a white egg yet.
hmm.png

There may be an easy answer to this oddity: Color is relative, esp since silkie's eggs are only *slightly* cream colored... next to a truly white egg, a silkie's egg looks creamy colored, next to a brown or green egg, it looks white. Even next to a truly beige egg, like h.a.'s seramas, it probably looks white. You know?
smile.png

Quote:
weird, they should be layng tinted eggs. I have not seen a silkie lay a white egg yet.
hmm.png

There may be an easy answer to this oddity: Color is relative, esp since silkie's eggs are only *slightly* cream colored... next to a truly white egg, a silkie's egg looks creamy colored, next to a brown or green egg, it looks white. Even next to a truly beige egg, like h.a.'s seramas, it probably looks white. You know?
smile.png

sooo true
wink.png

Quote:
smile.png

sooo true
wink.png

yeah, i have a 3/4 cochin X 1/4 silkie girl who on occasion has been giving me a very light cream egg. it looks so white till i get a white egg that day along side some brown eggs and then it just looks yellow!

If anyone has some pure bantam rocks let me know :) Im looking for some hens or pairs and I will pay or trade ( I have one white cochin hen that I will be selling soon $25 Great Show Potential My Line originally from a great breeder. )
Looking for barred columbians or buffs. I have had some trouble with hatching eggs. I hatched out one buff and one columbian bantam out of a dozen eggs !

Last edited:
Quote:
hmm.png

smile.png

Now that would make sense----my silkie eggs do look white next to my other colors of eggs, but since i don't have a true white layer, i haven't compared that.
smile.png

I have 4 Coturnix quails for sale $10 for all. I also have a pair of black Cochin bantam X cockerals that are a hoot to watch and would make great pets (pictured)- free.
Tammie
16448_cochinxboys.jpg

My black silkie pullet passed away so I may be looking for another little girl. Do silkies come in splash or a calico type color?

i got some interesting news today about my dh's habanero pepper jelly! our local Blue Seal was doing a canning & tasting contest so i dropped of 3 different jars of jams. one was his pepper jelly! it won first place and i was able to sell 2 of the jars to a few of their employees!
lol.png
when i got to the store to pick up our prize they had the jar almost done! hubby is happy to have more lovers of his recipe! i'm hoping in a few more weeks to have enough peppers from the garden to make another batch before the end of the warm season. those 2 employees want us to keep them supplied with the stuff!
woot.gif

Shay, i'll make sure to have a few jars set aside for you and your dh when i come down! Gypsie, do you need me to set aside a jar or two also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom