Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chickie'sMoma :

i got some interesting news today about my dh's habanero pepper jelly! our local Blue Seal was doing a canning & tasting contest so i dropped of 3 different jars of jams. one was his pepper jelly! it won first place and i was able to sell 2 of the jars to a few of their employees!
lol.png
when i got to the store to pick up our prize they had the jar almost done! hubby is happy to have more lovers of his recipe! i'm hoping in a few more weeks to have enough peppers from the garden to make another batch before the end of the warm season. those 2 employees want us to keep them supplied with the stuff!
woot.gif

Shay, i'll make sure to have a few jars set aside for you and your dh when i come down! Gypsie, do you need me to set aside a jar or two also?

celebrate.gif
Congrats ! What An Honor​

Chickie'sMoma :

i got some interesting news today about my dh's habanero pepper jelly! our local Blue Seal was doing a canning & tasting contest so i dropped of 3 different jars of jams. one was his pepper jelly! it won first place and i was able to sell 2 of the jars to a few of their employees!
lol.png
when i got to the store to pick up our prize they had the jar almost done! hubby is happy to have more lovers of his recipe! i'm hoping in a few more weeks to have enough peppers from the garden to make another batch before the end of the warm season. those 2 employees want us to keep them supplied with the stuff!
woot.gif

Shay, i'll make sure to have a few jars set aside for you and your dh when i come down! Gypsie, do you need me to set aside a jar or two also?

Very nice, congrates/
clap.gif

yes jellie please, thank you
big_smile.png

Quote:
Is that barring comeig in ? if so you got a barred OR CUCKO (not sure which on eis it called) silkie NICE!

Last edited:
Chickie'sMoma :

lol.png
woot.gif

So awesome! I LOVE Pepper Jelly! I've made it a couple times, but if yours is award winning, I might need to upgrade my recipe. Is it a secret?​

Quote:
So awesome! I LOVE Pepper Jelly! I've made it a couple times, but if yours is award winning, I might need to upgrade my recipe. Is it a secret?

I dont know about secret but its the best pepper jelly going!!!!! and yes pleas I need 2 more jars, between husband and son in law I have been whiped out,

try something yummy: spread a thin layer of jelly over BBQ chicken at teh very end of cooking time, let carmelize for afew minutes and enjoy!!! omg heaven!
Conratulations on winning the Jelly contest! Hubby deserves it!

Quote:
So awesome! I LOVE Pepper Jelly! I've made it a couple times, but if yours is award winning, I might need to upgrade my recipe. Is it a secret?

I dont know about secret but its the best pepper jelly going!!!!! and yes pleas I need 2 more jars, between husband and son in law I have been whiped out,

try something yummy: spread a thin layer of jelly over BBQ chicken at teh very end of cooking time, let carmelize for afew minutes and enjoy!!! omg heaven!

Oh that sounds good Gypsy! Can I get a jar of that too please!!!

Quote:

HHMMM, this sounds like something my dh would live to try---he's all into hot pepper stuff! If you have any extra at Shay's swap on the 11th, perhaps i could treat him to a jar? Pretty please??
smile.png
Thanks!

Quote:

HHMMM, this sounds like something my dh would live to try---he's all into hot pepper stuff! If you have any extra at Shay's swap on the 11th, perhaps i could treat him to a jar? Pretty please??
smile.png
Thanks!

It is awsome jellie, Jose used it as a soace for a spagetti, and ohhhhhh so good.

Quote:

i'm not so sure it had much competition! i guess there were only a few others who had entered stuff that day. which i thought was interesting since i've noticed a lot of newbies learning how to can and preserve this year-my sister included!

not much of a secret that i know of for his preferred recipe. lots of hot habanero peppers, i think he mixes a few jalapenos too, sugar, cider vinegar, and liquid pectin. he knows that the cider vinegar makes it sweet to offset that heat! most recipes he's seen use other vinegars that just don't bring out a good flavor. we've been using the Ball Blue Book for recipes and i think he found it in there or somewhere online if i know him well.
tongue.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom