Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Cool, more plant peeps!!
big_smile.png

I should have some plants too---mainly perennials. Also bringing ducklings.

The more the merrier.
smile.png

What kind of ducklings are you bringing? I was thinking of bringing some fertile khaki Campbell eggs, but also am looking for more ducks though I was hoping to get some older, or at least already fledged ones.

Quote:
I should have some plants too---mainly perennials. Also bringing ducklings.

The more the merrier.
smile.png

What kind of ducklings are you bringing? I was thinking of bringing some fertile khaki Campbell eggs, but also am looking for more ducks though I was hoping to get some older, or at least already fledged ones.

I have American Buffs, Khaki Campbells, Silky Ducks, and a few Blue Swedish X Buff (very beautiful hybrids). My oldest were hatched 5/7, so almost 4 wks old and getting big fast! More hatched on 5/14, and some hatched last weekend. I have 3 eggs due to hatch this Saturday while we are gone.
tongue.png
Oh, and I have two broodies on duck eggs, i'm not totally sure when they are due, but thinking it should be anytime now!

For plants, it looks like i will have Strawberry plants with green berries on them already! Not sure what else, probably just a few of this or that.

Quote:
Yes u can u can bring yardsale items to pm me for directions or u can google them

Thanks! I just saw the address on p.1 (I can't believe this thread has nearly 400 pages!!) and will use Google Maps.
I'm glad there will be other plant people. I'm bringing some perennials and also some kokedama -- it's a Japanese way of making a round ball of moss that you can put in a bowl of pebbles, etc. and it hardly needs any care. They're really cool! My DBF (who's Japanese and a gardener) taught me how to make them.

What will you have for perennials?

Hi darbella,
For perennials I'll have columbines (pink), Lysimachia ciliata purpurea (dark purple leaves, yellow flowers... spreads like wildfire which makes it great for filling empty spaces), lemon balm, and a golden form of Agastache (purple flowers, chartreuse-gold leaves... a knockout!). Maybe some golden hops (vine). Spirea shrub seedlings (this variety has pale pink flowers). Also might have some groundcover kinds of bamboo if I have time to dig good clumps.

Last edited:
Quote:
The more the merrier.
smile.png

I have American Buffs, Khaki Campbells, Silky Ducks, and a few Blue Swedish X Buff (very beautiful hybrids). My oldest were hatched 5/7, so almost 4 wks old and getting big fast! More hatched on 5/14, and some hatched last weekend. I have 3 eggs due to hatch this Saturday while we are gone.
tongue.png
Oh, and I have two broodies on duck eggs, i'm not totally sure when they are due, but thinking it should be anytime now!

For plants, it looks like i will have Strawberry plants with green berries on them already! Not sure what else, probably just a few of this or that.

Ooh! Buffs! I might cave and get a couple of those. And I could use more KCs for eggs.

Quote:
tongue.png

Ooh! Buffs! I might cave and get a couple of those. And I could use more KCs for eggs.

I have 4 Buffs, and 7 Khakis. They are very nice ducklings, if i do say so. My kids want to keep them all, but we have nearly 20 total, and more due to hatch! lol!

Quote:
Ut oh... Bamboo... I love bamboo. I already have 8 different kinds in my yard... Could always use some more if you do bring some lol do you know the name of the kind you have? Two of the types I have are groundcover/ dwarf bamboo. One is called Pleioblastus variegatus, gets about 4 feet high and has big verigated leaves. The other is I believe Pleioblastus humilis, is only a foot high right now, and has tiny green leaves lol.
I actually have two Fargesia nitida growing that I grew from seed. When I got my first couple bamboos from Burt bamboos his had gone to seed and he gave me some to try to grow.
Sorry, I could go on and on about bamboo... Lol

MikeS(erama) :

Quote:
Ut oh... Bamboo... I love bamboo. I already have 8 different kinds in my yard... Could always use some more if you do bring some lol do you know the name of the kind you have? Two of the types I have are groundcover/ dwarf bamboo. One is called Pleioblastus variegatus, gets about 4 feet high and has big verigated leaves. The other is I believe Pleioblastus humilis, is only a foot high right now, and has tiny green leaves lol.
I actually have two Fargesia nitida growing that I grew from seed. When I got my first couple bamboos from Burt bamboos his had gone to seed and he gave me some to try to grow.
Sorry, I could go on and on about bamboo... Lol

hmmm i cant wait to see the bamboos.​

Is any one interested in wild ferns? I am thinking on digging some up and selling a few, they are tall tall
ep.gif
great around ponds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom