Chickenstock in West Gardiner, Maine Oct. 12

Sally, Windsor is not a chickenstock, it is a real live actual fancy poultry show put on by the Central Maine Bird Fanciers Club- however some members will be selling birds outside the show. Not nearly as many vendors as Litchfield, but there will be no birds show at the chickenstock. They are both free to get in.

(hey we should have a show at chickenstock, everyone can enter ONE bird...and if it's SQ, it's disqualified!).

Thanks all for explaining
smile.png

Sally

I am aiming for Oct 12. at the West Gardiner Rod and Gun Club, I know I had to change from Litchfield but West Gardiner is 5 mins away from there and a Free spot to have it.

Are you all still in??? Start making your flyers for your local feed stores and I am hoping to get it way more advertised this time so lets go.....

Now, I do not intend on making this a circus, but how many guys out there have antique engines and "stuff"? My brother, the wicked tall guy that hung out with me at the raffle table...well anyhow, he does antique chainsaws, "one lunger" and other things that he loves to show off and talk about- does not sell.
He was wondering if he and a few other guys could join in for a catch up and visit at the chickenstock and show off the engines.
I'm just going to show up and chat with everyone.

D.gif
BTW- melilem's baby cochins are beautiful!!!!! Her adult rooster cochin in handsome, I am eager to hear how her guy makes out at the Farmington Fair this week.
clap.gif

Not only that, but she brought Mr. Roo in her sunday best! she has legs!
bun.gif
(haha...not many of us chicken people wear skirts or dresses!) Just joking- honest, if everyone brought in birds looking like she did, I doubt there would be many entries. You really looked good!

Yup, Gardiner is fine with me.
I was going to bring birds to Fryberg Sally, but there is a new $20 fee ($35 for families)... a livestock insurance. I suppose it is in case my chickens maul someone...well, I am too cheap to make such an investment for so few birds. And my rooster bombed at the show, Spook...he didn't even get best variety. How sad is that? *sigh* Curse those 4-H people and their clean shiney perfect chickens.

Melilem, I went up to help out today and he looks bored sitting up there. It is sad that he didn't make out very well, I spent some time talking to him and others, strange, I know, but after a day of being observed, they enjoy a bit of one on one, even if its me reaching in, changing water, giving a bit of food. After the little bit of attention we (DH) and I had to pick up eggs, lol. No kidding.
I am so sorry your King didn't make the crown, but I think the crown was to cheap for him!!! Personally, I think he is a handsome guy.
Poultry, now I must say about attacking roos,
D.gif
, I was bent down scooping wet sawdust from a biddies cage and my hair was being YANKED! After the 3rd pull, I looked to see what it was catching on, lol, as I look up, there is this white bantam roo with the biggest red comb, looking at me!
He was not liking me either. So I reached up to make friends with me...DUH, he pecked my hand and drew blood!
Each time I walked by him, he was like, BRING IT ON WOMAN! Bring it on! :thun
So, I avoided him. It was a good time by passing elderly, they enjoyed the show.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom