Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

I actually really like the bearded retriever club and what they stand for EXCEPT coat color. Merle shouldn't be included in the slightest. Gives too much leeway for bad things like CEA and such. Also the fact it doesn't naturally occur in either breed is pretty alarming.

I actually really like the bearded retriever club and what they stand for EXCEPT coat color. Merle shouldn't be included in the slightest. Gives too much leeway for bad things like CEA and such. Also the fact it doesn't naturally occur in either breed is pretty alarming.
I didn't write the standards.

Considering it was introduced a while ago, I don't see too many red flags. Seems like any other Merle "breed" at this point to me. I don't see the issue. I follow quite a few bearded retriever breeders and I like the "hating on doodles isn't a personality trait" Facebook group. It's really educational. Doodles won't go anywhere, so it's best to accept it and let the reputable breeders continue to grow. The bashing needs to stop and instead we gotta accept it and praise the reputable breeding. I don't know why the majority of people will go on about a sport mix but shut doodles down. Reputable breeding of doodles is possible, like it is for any other "breed" even without a written standard.

Good lord! Throwback gene?
probably, it apparently does happen. we got her from a rescue so she could still be a mix
60678F92-BE91-4BCE-A39C-BCC0C5064103.jpeg

I didn't write the standards.

Considering it was introduced a while ago, I don't see too many red flags. Seems like any other Merle "breed" at this point to me. I don't see the issue. I follow quite a few bearded retriever breeders and I like the "hating on doodles isn't a personality trait" Facebook group. It's really educational. Doodles won't go anywhere, so it's best to accept it and let the reputable breeders continue to grow. The bashing needs to stop and instead we gotta accept it and praise the reputable breeding. I don't know why the majority of people will go on about a sport mix but shut doodles down. Reputable breeding of doodles is possible, like it is for any other "breed" even without a written standard.
I meant to put that in a PM, also hating on doodles is a personality trait. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom