Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Pics
Why the questioning face?

Apparently he (past dog) was boarded with them at one point, and had a whole room all to himself.
It’s not questioning lol it’s thinking. At least that’s what I thought it was ??? I was doing that because you’re close to me and I need good breeders 😂🤣🤔

It’s not questioning lol it’s thinking. At least that’s what I thought it was ??? I was doing that because you’re close to me and I need good breeders 😂🤣🤔
@CHlCKEN always uses it as a 'suspicious' face so I thought it was questioning lol
This particular breeder is in Maryland, where we used to live, so a bit far from you.

@black_cat, regarding the extinction of the breed, if you look at the AKC website, you can see the decline of registered litters, and the decline of registered dogs.

The AKC created a Limited Registration program, with dogs who are registered, but can't show in conformation, and who's puppies can never be registered at all. It was sold as a great way to stop puppy mills, blah, blah. Their massive, EPIC $#&^^*-up was to let the breeders decide, when pups were 8 weeks old, who got registered.

First, and most obvious, if you could determine which dogs could contribute NOTHING to the breed by 8 weeks, there would be zero need for showing, competitions, health testing or the AKC at all.
Second, people being people, and "fanciers" usually being petty snobs, power games immediately started with papers, and one second after that, registration papers became pretty much a pyramid scheme and too many breeders just LOVED their power trip.

But now, there are no new breeders, even established breeders can only get papered dogs from their personal friends, and you've taken already limited gene pools and restricted them wildly further to only these registered dogs, which in some breeds is as little as 3% of individuals. There are breeders who BRAG that they've NEVER fully registered a puppy. Idiots.

And did it stop puppy mills? Of course not. Those breeders already had registered dogs, and carry on registering dogs and selling them to each other. There are actual dog auctions who advertise selling breeding groups in lots, all AKC registered.
https://heartlandsale.com/

It was like the AKC decided they didn't like dogs. Because honestly, if they wanted a limited registration program that worked, all they'd have to do is limit registration of litters that didn't have at least one parent with a title, either show or working. Simple, effective, sensical.

@black_cat, regarding the extinction of the breed, if you look at the AKC website, you can see the decline of registered litters, and the decline of registered dogs.

The AKC created a Limited Registration program, with dogs who are registered, but can't show in conformation, and who's puppies can never be registered at all. It was sold as a great way to stop puppy mills, blah, blah. Their massive, EPIC $#&^^*-up was to let the breeders decide, when pups were 8 weeks old, who got registered.

First, and most obvious, if you could determine which dogs could contribute NOTHING to the breed by 8 weeks, there would be zero need for showing, competitions, health testing or the AKC at all.
Second, people being people, and "fanciers" usually being petty snobs, power games immediately started with papers, and one second after that, registration papers became pretty much a pyramid scheme and too many breeders just LOVED their power trip.

But now, there are no new breeders, even established breeders can only get papered dogs from their personal friends, and you've taken already limited gene pools and restricted them wildly further to only these registered dogs, which in some breeds is as little as 3% of individuals. There are breeders who BRAG that they've NEVER fully registered a puppy. Idiots.

And did it stop puppy mills? Of course not. Those breeders already had registered dogs, and carry on registering dogs and selling them to each other. There are actual dog auctions who advertise selling breeding groups in lots, all AKC registered.
https://heartlandsale.com/

It was like the AKC decided they didn't like dogs. Because honestly, if they wanted a limited registration program that worked, all they'd have to do is limit registration of litters that didn't have at least one parent with a title, either show or working. Simple, effective, sensical.
I only sort of understand what you're saying.........you need to be breeding two dogs with registration to be allowed to sell them? Can you elaborate on this part:
"Second, people being people, and "fanciers" usually being petty snobs, power games immediately started with papers, and one second after that, registration papers became pretty much a pyramid scheme and too many breeders just LOVED their power trip."
I'm just not fully understanding lol

Back
Top Bottom