Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Pics
1614801516138.png

Really twice the size? I didn’t think they would be that big, other then being a spitz and having a very round head I don’t see any other similarity to Pomeranians which is why I thought she was a mix.

Yep, with all the smaller toy breeds you have to select for size to keep them within standard. With random breeding they always tend to get larger. I see a light orange coat color, (although she's lacking in undercoat), prick ears (that would be better set higher on the head), tail held over the back (but again not ideally set). She's rather long bodied and her feet look a little flat, but all of the above are absolutely typical of most pet quality Poms. :)

Does anyone know the temperament of Afghan hounds or Chinese crested? I'm finding conflicting answers on whether they're a more active dog and general temperaments (I get the temperament is a bit genetic)

In general neither one of those breeds are the brightest stars in the sky;)
Afghans are normally very active and like most sight hounds are almost impossible to teach a reliable recall. Gorgeous dogs though!
Chinese Crested's I don't know all that much about, not really my cup of tea. I have heard they tend to have skin and dental issues.

Yep, with all the smaller toy breeds you have to select for size to keep them within standard. With random breeding they always tend to get larger. I see a light orange coat color, (although she's lacking in undercoat), prick ears (that would be better set higher on the head), tail held over the back (but again not ideally set). She's rather long bodied and her feet look a little flat, but all of the above are absolutely typical of most pet quality Poms. :)
But isn’t pricked ears and flopped other tail what most if not all spitz breeds have? This all very interesting to me :) Thank you. She also has quite short fur around her shoulders compared to her trouser fur is that also normal for pet quality? Do show quality have that as well? We did take her to some sort of fun little dog show thing twice they also said purebred Pomeranian and she got third prize and I think second prize I was shocked since there was some purebred good ish quailty looking dogs there.

Because most "doodle" type dogs are really just expensive mixes with who knows what behind them. I don't even see a merle pup, which one is supposed to be merle?
Their parents are both labradoodles and the light brown one changed colors. Here’s a picture from when she got a really bad haircut. I’ll find a better one.

017F5AB7-4D73-4930-B0DB-2F328C7A4B95.jpeg

In general neither one of those breeds are the brightest stars in the sky;)
Afghans are normally very active and like most sight hounds are almost impossible to teach a reliable recall. Gorgeous dogs though!
Chinese Crested's I don't know all that much about, not really my cup of tea. I have heard they tend to have skin and dental issues.
Rats. Didn't occur to me an Afghan hound was a hound 😅

Back
Top Bottom