Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Well, my dog is decent around them (wants to sniff so badly she thinks it's killing her but won't actively chase if they run away screaming, just kinda pad after them) but she's experience birds in the house and has been walked around and in the coop on a very short leash (usually just me holding her collar)
She's older though too. Almost 9, so she's not as great at chasing as she used to be since she's got bad joints

We are wanting to get a LGD for our little farm/homestead. What breeds would you guys suggest? We live in Arizona so it does get 95 in my area. We are not crazy dog people or trainers so we might like a dog that is already trained. TIA!

There was one for adoption at the place where we get our animal feed, she has worked on a farm and she is being fosted on one now. The place is The Big Mutt Network.
If she’s a local dog I’d say she’s used to the warmer temps in summer and it might work out. I would look into it! If she has been on a farm and on one now you might check on how that’s going though.

We are wanting to get a LGD for our little farm/homestead. What breeds would you guys suggest? We live in Arizona so it does get 95 in my area. We are not crazy dog people or trainers so we might like a dog that is already trained. TIA!
Great Pyrenees are great and I’ve heard that Anatolian shepherds are good too.

HALF CONCERNED HALF YAY

golden people either got a GSD puppy, or they are babysitting a GSD puppy

clearly none of their dogs are trained so hopefully its a baby sitting deal LOL

but I've always wanted to work with a gsd beforeeee

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom