Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

How is he with obedience? That might help the situation too and also encouraging some independence from you because to me sounds like he’s not really “protective” of you as much as he is resource guarding you from everyone else. He needs to learn that that is not okay. But at the same time, he also sounds quite insecure and the barking and all that is just a big display to say go away. So it may be both. But I think some obedience training as well as confidence building exercises to make him less afraid would help too. And just getting him out into the world, on a leash, and just go sit somewhere where there’s a lot of people walking by and have him sit and watch you while you give him some very tasty, high value treats. He doesn’t have to interact with anybody and really shouldn’t yet but just getting him near them without him freaking out. If he does start to freak out or won’t take food, you’re too close and need to back up so that he’s below his threshold again. You may need to be VERY far away at first. Also some nose work games might help improve his confidence too. It’s very easy and fun for dogs. I would also honestly try to find a professional trainer too instead of just us because they can actually see in person how your dog is acting and be able to help more and aggression/biting cases like that are pretty serious.

1619005669529.png

A similar method from the same place that I sourced the first

I have a question (Or questions): Ticks. How do I know if my black fluffy dog Sterling has one on him before it's inlarged and/or attached? Is there anything I can do for him to repell ticks?

Back
Top Bottom