Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Why do they seem dangers? The tape ones are dangers in my mind, string ones are fine (as long as they aren’t used for large dogs)
Dog can easily wrap around items or people or things like strollers or wheelchairs
Dog can easily bolt into traffic, jump into water, etc
If owner clicks the button to stop it, it gives the dog's neck a real, hard jerk
If owner clicks the button to stop it but the dog keeps going, the owner can get pulled, potentially into traffic, into water, etc
Dog can get easily tangled if it goes into bushes, giant PITA to get dog out
Dog can get its self tangled

:love Stop making the list longer

Nope, I should probably research the miniature version, because I am sure if the opportunity to get one came up my mother would take it

They look nice. I like that it tells you the size properly rather then the KC’s version which just says large, small or medium
1624630131359.png

These are the old ones

Dog can easily wrap around items or people or things like strollers or wheelchairs
Dog can easily bolt into traffic, jump into water, etc
If owner clicks the button to stop it, it gives the dog's neck a real, hard jerk
If owner clicks the button to stop it but the dog keeps going, the owner can get pulled, potentially into traffic, into water, etc
Dog can get easily tangled if it goes into bushes, giant PITA to get dog out
Dog can get its self tangled
You can very easily stop the dog from being wrapped around things and thats the same as a none retractable, except the retractable does not leave a loose leash hanging around. They can’t easily bolt in to anything you can quite quickly stop them as long as it is not one of the tape ones. Yes if your dog is running at full speed then it would but then the dog should probably be on a harness in stead, plus you can stop your dog before they start running. Pulling same with the short leash, if the dog can pull you over then it needs to be well, if it is not then there is the problem. Yes it gets stuck in bushes, I don’t let my dog go in to bushes, same as if your leash was too short. Very easy to stop self tangling, because the leash retracts there is no loose leash to get tangled in (it can still happen not very frequently) more frequently its her tangling other dogs that I worry about

Flexis are FINE on well trained dog. i'll show you deacon walking on one... 100% FINE.
Maybe the real issue is whether the person is well trained (to pay attention to the dog and their surroundings.)

Looking at the list @black_cat gave, I would think human attention could avoid just about every one of them. That list pretty much matches my list of what to watch out for when using a long rope or a long leash, even if it's not retractable.

Maybe the real issue is whether the person is well trained (to pay attention to the dog and their surroundings.)

Looking at the list @black_cat gave, I would think human attention could avoid just about every one of them. That list pretty much matches my list of what to watch out for when using a long rope or a long leash, even if it's not retractable.
Yep, lots of stupid people with dogs on flexis
That would make sense.

Back
Top Bottom